free hit
counters
Modern Lotus Elite Concept - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PedalSpeed

Modern Lotus Elite Concept

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well its good someone was inspired to do this - however as the original designer, Oliver Winterbottom, might comment, it's easy to draw a nice shape; what's difficult is to integrate a design with practical and dynamic requirements such as accommodation, engine/drivetrain position, fuel tank/battery/spare wheel, crash resistance, suspension layout and characteristics, aerodynamics etc..

If you read his autobiography it is amazing what he achieved in designing cars; not only did he create the shape which met the practical and dynamic requirements but also a costed production 'bible' with all the parts and processes detailed.

For me, the Elite remains one of the best integrated automotive concepts - certainly of its time.

ATB Richard

Edited by rjwooll

Love the interior (and then read it was inspired by the Esprit ;) ), but hate the exterior. Looks like some French styling study you see at the official car shows. :( I fail to see any similarity with the Elite, which is a shame.

@Escape - the back window is the only bit that makes me think Elite

Very nice artwork,   but says nothing Elite to me,     The Elite was sharp and this design is far to round.  :rolleyes: