free hit
counters
Removal of racebelts and bar - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I’m looking to remove the racing belts and bar behind the seats that are in my Sport 350 to gain some further leg room as the seat hits the bar when positioned as far back as I can......it will go further back though with the bar removed - has anyone done this and what’s the most cost effective way to put in a set of standard belts?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So you have harnesses and harness bar but no standard inertia belt?

That would be correct Imran, at least I think there’s nothing down there but will check tomorrow. I think it was ordered from Lotus like this as the guy that had it was disabled. Apparently a World Champion Paralympic skier in 1990 no less......drove the Exige with hand controls apparently!:o

Check what you’ve got and let us know. I guess the big question is if you have the inertia belt installed but not connected.

Yes the inertia reel belt and assembly appears still to be there just missing all the other gubbings

93258D91-A4EB-497E-BE88-279214982E03.jpeg

Okay so that’s the bottom of the belt which has the mini airbag thing to tighten the belt in event of crash. Can you see where the other end of the belt goes?

Im wondering if it’s tucked into the rear plastic bulk head with the top bolt/fixings to which would make it a very easy refit back to standard.

Not sure Imran - plan to investigate tomorrow. I expect I would still need some additional parts but shouldn’t be too challenging