free hit
counters
My S4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Well I have just driven it to the wheel and tyre place for an alignment now that it is back on the road. I forgot how much fun it is. The way it sounds. How low I am compared to every other person. The way it accelerates with absolute ease. The way it looks.

It is going to be awfully hard to sell it. :( 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 1/13/2018 at 16:20, jcslocum said:

Hen don’t !!

I wish it was that simple.

13 hours ago, Jeanvm said:

Or sell it for a new Lotus

Once this one is gone, that will be it for sports cars for me. The drive yesterday has pointed out to me how much physically behind the car my mind is.

Unless I win millions in Lotto and then I would keep it and drive it like a nanny. I think I have a better chance of being hit by lightning on a sunny day.

Absolute great sportscar, but don't forget how easy it is to get in and out of, the servo steering (on yours), the abs brakes (possibly on yours) and the big cargo area, that easily holds a shopping list's content, a 1:5 rc car, a folding bike or just a lot of garbage from the garden. Even if you want to go skiing, an ordinary car will have to have all sorts of roof boxes etc.  On the Esprit, Lotus have shown how easily it can be done. No worries mate ;) 

A real practical car.

Just don't sell.

Jacques

ps: it beats me why on Earth one should have a fast ordinary car, which is 3 feet taller with two screaming kids on the rear bench...

Or a hook for a trailer?

And finally, if one say want to drive ones daughter to school one morning, and does that in a prius... Say no more, years of bullying in her life. Do it in the Esprit, and her future is bright and swell. A no brainer.

Well I have just taken a friend for a drive and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm done. I can't push it and the little bit I did stretched my capabilities to a point where prior to my stroke, I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

I had also driven down the Coast Road here in Vic a bit after my stroke, but it was 60km/h speed on the road so even the corners were not a hassle. Up the speed though and my mind starts playing tricks on me.

I think the highest was about 160km/h and at that speed everything was just happening too quickly. I know only too well that I would be in all sorts of trouble if something awry was to happen. Even if there was enough time for me to have avoided anything if I was compos mentis, I would have been in trouble.

So that is two drives and both have cemented the fact in my mind.

So it will be Steve Taylor's on the back of a truck to get the spring insulators and ride height set. Then truck it back. Get the paint guy around to sort out some stone chips. A couple of leisurely drives at best and then the market.

• Sad 2

Sorry to read about this - but I guess if you can't really enjoy the car anymore you're doing the right thing 

I have to be realistic. My stroke could have been my last day on earth. It wasn't. I don't need to accelerate that eventuality. 

Time to reinvest into a 1940s or 50s fun car 👍

Hi Michael. I know you have deliberated long and hard over the Esprit. But in the end I think, sadly, you have come to the right decision. You have many good years left with the Mrs to view and enjoy other's car's. And as Barry has mentioned, a 40's 50's runabout may be just the thing and keep in with the locals runs and shows where can will still have an interest.

Hope you find a new owner for her that will treat her with the respect you have always given her. The car that is, not the wife lol.

Hi mate, sorry to read you've been in the wars! Hope time makes things better for you with the driving, I know f-all about stroke recovery though. Best wishes.