free hit
counters
Alarm Woes - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all, recently my alarm is playing up, pretty much every time I arm it within minutes its going off. I have to double tap arm so that it doesn't go off, I assume its a cabin sensor issue? Does anyone know where they are situated? Or any advice to what could be the cause?

Many thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi, what year is your car?  (as the interior sensor was no longer installed as of MY15 IIRC)

Nothing to do with the interior sensor, but is the front access panel latched into position?  That was the reason why my alarm once played up.

I believe the sensor is behind the rear bulkhead trim panel, just below the interior light (unless it's a Sport350 as Kristof has eluded to, where there is none)

Hey thanks for replying, its a 63 plate (MY13?), I reseated the access panel. Still does it, is it just the cabin that's excluded on a double tap (single beep)? Also would that make the sensor where the cargo net is (just below the light)?

Cheers

Hi

There are 5 sensitivity settings; I had the same problem, took it to my Lotus dealer. It was on setting '3', so they changed it to '1', no problems since.

• Like 1

I never knew that! Thanks for your input Mark and welcome :)

15 hours ago, Lavazza said:

Hi

There are 5 sensitivity settings; I had the same problem, took it to my Lotus dealer. It was on setting '3', so they changed it to '1', no problems since.

Welcome to TLF Mark. :welcome:

You should go over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. And post up some photos.