free hit
counters
Brake overhaul - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cbclotus

Brake overhaul

ok guys .My rover v8 engined car has been with since last Easter .long time .not driven it yet ....long story as I am sure some of you know .Nexst on the list of jobs are the brakes which I have been told need a overhaul.Some fittings are rusty.not good As ever my mate is doing the work as and when so I just have to wait and be be greatfull for his help ....My brakes have been modified upgraded  hi sec calipers if that makes sence ....Mike

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

ok guys .Small bit of progress .Brake lines removed braided type .But very rusty ends .Pig to undo front ones .Master clyinder removed  .Need to replace .then get new brake lines made up .Slow but sure .Mike

The Cupro Nickel pipes are best but definitely harder to bend and flare than the copper only pipes.

There are some Excel ready made kits circa £90 for the complete set but when I contacted them about the same kit for Esprit they didn't make them!

I agree that renewing rusty pipes is a must but some are easier to remove than others and old pipes are easily fractured under stress so be prepared to replace more than you think if you can't get some connections undone.

I re did all my cupro nickel last weekend. I have not done them before but if you take you time and keep checking it should not be too much of a problem to do. 

cheers

Christian