free hit
counters
Evora 400 Auto - clattery/rattly noise in Drive while stationary / creeping - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ewand

Evora 400 Auto - clattery/rattly noise in Drive while stationary / creeping

hi all

I was driving a few weeks ago in heavy traffic on the motorway with no music playing, and really noticed a clattery / clanky noise coming from the engine bay, on the passenger side. I've talked to a dealer (who's had the car in a couple of times for other fixes) and they say there's nothing wrong, but...

a) I don't remember it making this noise when I got it; it's ex- @Neal H and picked up from Silverstone in September. 

b) I don't like the noise and presume it's not a case of TADTS. It sounds like there's something loose and metallic rattling under certain vibration conditions

I tried to capture what I'm on about when I was creeping along my driveway - it's a gravelly lane about 150m long, a bit bumpy (but not enough to cause the clattering you can hear): when I heard the noise I hung my hand out behind the passenger seat with the phone recording.

Video here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/5JabkOGPoQ6Up1dl2 (click on play to hear)

Am I being paranoid? Has anyone had a similar noise? 

thanks!

Ewan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Ewan,

You can definitely hear something rattling/knocking in your video. Has the dealer heard the noise? It's certainly not a noise that existed when I owned the car and doesn't sound normal!

Regards,

Neal.

If I had to guess it sounds like the exhaust is rattling. Definitely doesn't sound normal 

Thanks for the advice, chaps. Car's gone back into the dealer and they've found a broken exhaust heat shield bracket.

Shame they didn't spot it the last 2 times that car's been with them for warranty work <_<