free hit
counters
pressure plate bearing - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Francescopol

pressure plate bearing

hello guys my 350 sport with 12000 km has problems with the pressure bearing, soon will be 'to be replaced and I do not know if the warranty responds even if the car has 10 months. Did it happen to any of you ?! It seems a very fast wear

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Please describe the problem with the bearing that means it needs replacing. Does it make a noise?

it makes noise in neutral, if I press friction no noise ... from new car no problem ... from 6000 km starts little noise and now annoying

This is a Toyota gearbox is it not ? Have you had a look for this sort of thing on the Toyota web forums. Lots of very strange issues on some

I didn't want to lead the witness, but that symptom is what I was expecting as a reply. A number of V6S have been reported to make this noise, getting more prominent with increasing mileage. Owners have had clutch replacements after pursuing a warranty claim. I heard the issue was resolved for the Sport350 but perhaps not.

My Cup has 6200km approximately and makes the noise albeit very quietly. A previous V6S has been silent and another very noisy.

@Barrykearley, the Transmission is Toyota yes, but the clutch and release mechanism is Exige/Evora V6 specific.

• Like 2

Nessun problema,a volte da fermo non entra subito la prima o la retromarcia....devo insistere...a volte mettendo la prima la macchina senti che fa un colpetto impercettibile in avanti...se non mi da problemi nel tempo posso lasciare tutto cosi

No problem, sometimes from a stationary it does not immediately enter the first or the reverse gear ... I have to insist ... sometimes putting the first the car feel it makes an imperceptible tap forward ... if it does not give me problems in time I can leave everything like that

Hi @Francescopol - Most of our visitors only speak English, can you try please? Thanks :) 

sorry I had forgotten, sometimes hard to enter the first or the back ... and sometimes putting the first the car moves imperceptibly forward ... if it stays so without other problems I would leave everything so ... I'm waiting for what he says lotus for guarantee

• Like 1