free hit
counters
UK trackdays for Evora 400's - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Phil H

UK trackdays for Evora 400's

I have just acquired a 400 and I'm desperate to stretch its legs on a UK track. I am aware its loud and I've read a few threads on 98 drive by & 107 static levels, suitable tracks etc but theory and practise are not always the same. Has anyone taken an Evora 400 ( are all Evoras as loud?) on any UK tracks and lasted the day without a black flag? If so which ones?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes. 

You might be better off sending a PM to @JayEmm.

I've been on trackdays at Silverstone and Goodwood and seen 400's on track all day. 

But, a TLFer recently got black flagged at Silverstone in a 400. Another one on another day was fine. Who knows, eh? 

Silverstone does not surprise me. Goodwood does if that was stock.

Happy to give a more detailed answer in PM Phil

• Confused 1

Not sure what's secret enough about noise levels to need discussion in private?

Anyway, noise is different on different days. Wind/humidity are the main factors, as is the bloke watching the noise meter. Goodwood will warn you first to short shift by the meters and give you a sticker so only 1 noisy car goes out at a time, they're pretty tolerant and will try to keep you out, whereas somewhere like Bedford will ask you to avoid getting your arse slapped by the door on the way out. 

I started a thread on this exact topic some time ago and was told it was in people's "best interests" if it was stopped in case certain parties whose agendas didn't align with our own wanted to use it as ammunition against their local facilities for allowing cars on track that were "too loud", "disturbing the peace" etc etc...

When I hosted an event at Blyton, the guy there told me he also helps with "community relations" (or whatever they call it) with Goodwood. One day they received 22 complaints about noise on track from one individual who lived nearby. Until they told him that there was actually no track activity that day.

Apparently his response to that was to tell them "But on your calendar it says there is!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Not sure what's secret enough about noise levels to need discussion in private? 

NIMBYs who have internet access.