free hit
counters
My 380 Cup! - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mark248am

My 380 Cup!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow, congrats! Nice upgrade :D

Wow!! What an upgrade!!! Congratulations!!! Sounds like the engine issue became a good thing in the end ...

Absolutely stunning - give it a couple of days with that beauty and the S will be a distant memory! Inspired move - from a horrible situation has come an amazing one!B-)

I’ve only had my Motorsport Green Sport 350 a month - I haven’t actually driven it yet since I took delivery, but tomorrow it looks like I’m going to agree a deal for its replacement already. Funny how things work out isn’t it!:)

Enjoy the Cup!:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Enjoy. Stunning, outrageous car. Don't tell BAS but I think you will have the best looking Exige! ;)

That's a brilliant spec, congratulations on the upgrade! 

I guess you'll have to be a more committed driver than Bader to stay in front? ;)

• Like 1

Lovely.. congrats.

It's going to be interesting to see how the cup performs as a daily driver. so far it seems a bit rougher than my exige s. also when @BAS speced the car he didn't request the secondary AC which comes standard in Middle East versions of the car, so I'm curious how bad the AC will perform during the hot summer months.

@The Pits I cannot disagree. The 380 cup looks much more aggressive and better overall.

@mark248am more weight. Would totally defeat the purpose of a cup car. You will thank me for this when you install your harness bar.

• Like 1

Totally agree in the looks department, the 380 Cup is the best looking Exige. The 430 Cup may be marginally quicker, but if I could choose any Exige variant it would still be a 380 Cup :wub:

I’d say a little better looking, both are amazing, like no other cars. I can see the appeal of a chargecooler in the Middle East especially!

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

I’d say a little better looking, both are amazing, like no other cars. I can see the appeal of a chargecooler in the Middle East especially!

That's the major appeal for me of the 430 vs 380. 

I was thinking of doing the ex460 kit mostly because of the cooler (power of course as well).

Since I never got around to registering the car I upgraded to the 430 and just paid the difference towards it (plus a little more).

Hopefully I won't need to upgrade power-wise from the 430. However, if I do it will be much easier since I already have a chargecooler.

1 minute ago, BAS said:

That's the major appeal for me of the 430 vs 380. 

I was thinking of doing the ex460 kit mostly because of the cooler (power of course as well).

Since I never got around to registering the car I upgraded to the 430 and just paid the difference towards it (plus a little more).

Hopefully I won't need to upgrade power-wise from the 430. However, if I do it will be much easier since I already have a chargecooler.

Hopefully the 460 cup doesn't come out by the time your 430 arrives

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, mark248am said:

Hopefully the 460 cup doesn't come out by the time your 430 arrives

Quite possible but I'm mentally prepared for that this time ? 

Congratulations great car ... and excellent decision to go to 380 ... :thumbup:

I like the wing, nose, cannards and decals better on the 380. Best looking Exige ever? S1 and Cup 260 will always be in the running for that prize but Essex Blue Cup 380 is right up there for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

I like the wing, nose, cannards and decals better on the 380. Best looking Exige ever? S1 and Cup 260 will always be in the running for that prize but Essex Blue Cup 380 is right up there for sure.

speaking of decals, will these stickers start peeling off? I really like them but have a feeling with cleaning they'll end up getting peeled off eventually.

The red accent stripes on the front access panel are painted on I believe so you should have no concerns there. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, The Pits said:

The red accent stripes on the front access panel are painted on I believe so you should have no concerns there. :thumbup:

i meant the 380 CUP stickers, the LOTUS logo on the back the TOW with the arrow sticker on the bumper. 

I had no issues with the decals in nearly 5 years of V6 Cup ownership so providing you're sensible about what you use to clean the car, you should be find there too. I always hand washed mine though, never went near it with a jet wash or pressure hose. At least they're easy to replace if you do lose one or two!

41 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I had no issues with the decals in nearly 5 years of V6 Cup ownership so providing you're sensible about what you use to clean the car, you should be find there too. I always hand washed mine though, never went near it with a jet wash or pressure hose. At least they're easy to replace if you do lose one or two!

its always dusty here so our building care taker has a dry rag he uses to wipe the dust off all the car. I should probably get car protection film done on parts that have stickers...