free hit
counters
My 380 Cup! - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My 380 has a painted transom, can’t tell you about the roof or front. But from memory they were painted originally. TBH, wouldnt bother me either way.

cheers

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So around a month ago, the engine of my Exige S blew randomly out of the blue one morning on my way to work. It was depressing cuz the weather had been amazing and I loved my car. Now a few months ear

Managed to take some photos of the car today since the weather was good. I noticed the seat warmer button doesn't work. I'm guessing its there just to fill in the empty spot?    

New pictures I took yesterday at the track in Bahrain    

Posted Images

Issue #1

Noticed today that the right side of my front access hatch was loose and bouncing about while driving. Parked on the side of the road, closed it and drove off, a few minutes later it was loose again. Turns out it lifts out of place with the slightest pressure. So got to get this sorted at the dealer next week when I got in for my first 1K service. 

Got the prices of the 380 Cup decals from the dealer:

Decal 380 Cup, grey
Roll hoop cover
€54

Decal Exige 380 Cup, silver
Rear clam
€38

Badge, 'L O T U S', raised letters
light grey On rear transom
€67

Decal, 'L O T U S',
On rear transom
€72

No idea how Lotus raised letters is cheaper than the Lotus stickers...

13 hours ago, mark248am said:

Issue #1

Noticed today that the right side of my front access hatch was loose and bouncing about while driving. Parked on the side of the road, closed it and drove off, a few minutes later it was loose again. Turns out it lifts out of place with the slightest pressure. So got to get this sorted at the dealer next week when I got in for my first 1K service. 

I had this on mine as well ... it opened at 240 kph on the Autobahn and then the air drift pulled it up by a couple of inches ... was a slight surprise ... in the end an easy fix ... you should ask thel to change the holding bolt and holder - that did the job - the first time around they were just „playing around“ and it opend again ...

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chumaxa said:

It is funny, I find the regular V6 with the small spoiler weird looking with the roof, I was not expecting to find it better with the even bigger spoiler !

yeah i completely understand, personally i thought the Exige S looked good with the roof off but wasn't expecting the cup to look good because of the huge wing. But surprisingly i think it looks really good with the roof off! 

13 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

I think your car is better looking than the 430 Cup, it looks amazing!

Yeah I'm starting to realize that as well. I was having a conversation with @BAS about this and I told him because the 380 cup was gonna be wedged in before the 430 cup and because there really wasn't much of a difference between it and the 380 sport, I think Lotus went all out in the looks department, trying their best to make it look special so that it stuck out from the regular sport and the 430 cup that was coming. I think the Exige 460 Cup will be a combination of 430 and 380 cup looks, fins and side skirts will make a comeback...

I certainly think the 380 cup wins in the looks department as I've told u many times @mark248am

Hoping the 50bhp difference will help me get over it :D

The 430 is nice in it's own way. Just like how the 350 and 380 have their own unique look.

All great cars!

1 hour ago, BAS said:

I certainly think the 380 cup wins in the looks department as I've told u many times @mark248am

Hoping the 50bhp difference will help me get over it :D

The 430 is nice in it's own way. Just like how the 350 and 380 have their own unique look.

All great cars!

Picked a colour yet? @BAS - would have thought you’d have a few more days to make your mind up as the snowy weather should have slowed everything down at the factory

2 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Picked a colour yet? @BAS - would have thought you’d have a few more days to make your mind up as the snowy weather should have slowed everything down at the factory

He just wants to copy me and get Essex blue :P

• Haha 1
On 24/01/2018 at 14:54, mark248am said:

One cool fix from my Exige S is this little part. Used to use velcro to stay connected to the roof but velcro didn't do a good job and used to keep falling or moving. Now it screws into the roof. Not sure if its like this with the 350 and 380 as well.

top.jpg

Noticed that with mine and also no need for the central clamp at the rear.   However I found over a period of time these new clamps don’t hold the roof tight enough and I started getting knocking noises on bumpy roads from the roof.  Mentioned it to local dealer and they mentioned there is a known fix for this, so will be getting that fixed along with seat runners to stop rocking seat. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 26/01/2018 at 23:00, NW76 said:

I had this on mine as well ... it opened at 240 kph on the Autobahn and then the air drift pulled it up by a couple of inches ... was a slight surprise ... in the end an easy fix ... you should ask thel to change the holding bolt and holder - that did the job - the first time around they were just „playing around“ and it opend again ...

@NW76 we’re the replacements a revised part to fix the problem, or just new versions of the same ? 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

My old Exige S was still at the garage parked waiting for the new engine so I had them take out the part from my Exige S and fit it into the cup. Worked, now the front latch doesn’t pop out of place

So I got a package from MSAR a few hours ago. I had ordered the following (2 of each cuz got a set for @BAS  )

https://www.msar.co.uk/motorsports/Harnesses/Racing-4pt-Belts/Car-Specific/Schroth-LOTUS-II-4pt-asm_73.html
https://www.msar.co.uk/motorsports/Harnesses/Harness-Accessories/Harness-Hardware/MSAR-S111-Harness-Hardware-Lotus-Elise-Exige-_83.html
Harness bar for the V6 (£165) and not listed on their website.

I managed to install the harness bar in like 15 minutes? Pretty easy. Unscrew seatbelt screws, shove harness bar between seatbelt and car, then screw seatbelt back. My chair still managed to go all the way back, no cutting of anything is needed. Super easy and so far from first impressions, highly recommended.

I didn't install the harness yet since MSAR forgot to mail me the harness hardware which would allow me to keep my stock seatbelts as well. I have a track day on March 10 so hopefully, they'll ship it and it will get here before then or else i'm going to remove the OEM seatbelts and install just the harness temporarily. Then once the hardware arrives, reinstall the OEM seatbelts alongside the harness.

harness2.jpg

harness1.jpg

harness3.jpg

• Like 2

Looks good!

Not sure why the seatbelt has to be removed while using the harnesses (didn't read much into it)

What's this hardware they forget to send? I thought it was just for the seatbelt to it doesn't chime when not in use.

3 minutes ago, BAS said:

Looks good!

Not sure why the seatbelt has to be removed while using the harnesses (didn't read much into it)

What's this hardware they forget to send? I thought it was just for the seatbelt to it doesn't chime when not in use.

The kit allows you to connect the harness and keep the seatbelts. Its just a bunch of washers and a nut i think.