free hit
counters
My 380 Cup! - Page 6 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So around a month ago, the engine of my Exige S blew randomly out of the blue one morning on my way to work. It was depressing cuz the weather had been amazing and I loved my car. Now a few months ear

Managed to take some photos of the car today since the weather was good. I noticed the seat warmer button doesn't work. I'm guessing its there just to fill in the empty spot?    

New pictures I took yesterday at the track in Bahrain    

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

A few days ago was my 380 Cup's 1 year birthday. With that my warranty also expired since the 380 Cup came with only 1 year of warranty. But, Lotus have given me the option to extend the warranty for an extra fee. Thought it was worth sharing:

Additional 2 years 20,000 Kms.                 GBP 835.00
Additional 3 years 30,000 Kms.                 GBP 1,800.00

Not sure why there is a 1,000 pounds difference for an extra year so most likely going for the 2 year warranty.

2 years seems sensible to me, brings it in line with normal V6s. They obviously have records which suggests after yr 3 there is more things that happen that would otherwise be covered by warranty. Isn't your car modified though - check that won't void it. 

Your car is :wub::wub::wub: 

3 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

2 years seems sensible to me, brings it in line with normal V6s. They obviously have records which suggests after yr 3 there is more things that happen that would otherwise be covered by warranty. Isn't your car modified though - check that won't void it. 

Your car is :wub::wub::wub: 

Nope no mods, well I installed a seatbelt harness bar but thats about it. Even the sound system is stock.

2 hours ago, mark248am said:

A few days ago was my 380 Cup's 1 year birthday. With that my warranty also expired since the 380 Cup came with only 1 year of warranty. But, Lotus have given me the option to extend the warranty for an extra fee. Thought it was worth sharing:

Not sure why there is a 1,000 pounds difference for an extra year so most likely going for the 2 year warranty.

£835 seems very good value for 2 yrs but not sure why you only got 1 yr as my Cup came with 2.

I must say if when you come to sell, the car still has warranty on then invariably it is worth more. So depending on how long you are keeping might be worth considering 3 or at least find out if you could extend to that 3rd yr at a later date 

23 minutes ago, Tex said:

£835 seems very good value for 2 yrs but not sure why you only got 1 yr as my Cup came with 2.

I must say if when you come to sell, the car still has warranty on then invariably it is worth more. So depending on how long you are keeping might be worth considering 3 or at least find out if you could extend to that 3rd yr at a later date 

There was some debate over what Lotus were offering on the 380, by the time the 430 hit the streets they seemed to have settled on 2. Motorsport built cars were always 1, the 380 seemed to be in a bit of a transition in terms of what the warranty 

3 hours ago, mark248am said:

Two years seems sensible, the 3 year gets expensive as I guess it takes it past the 3 years production cars were built against.

Yeah I remember there was talk that they might increase the 380 Cup warranty to two years instead of one but I guess that talk turned out to be for the 430 Cup.

One thing I forgot to add was the fine print that came attached with the prices:

Please note that this is extended cover, mechanical and electrical failures only, and it excludes any failures that could be attributed to or aggravated by track use.

Can't all mechanical failures be attributed or be aggravated by track use?

1 hour ago, mark248am said:

Yeah I remember there was talk that they might increase the 380 Cup warranty to two years instead of one but I guess that talk turned out to be for the 430 Cup.

One thing I forgot to add was the fine print that came attached with the prices:

Please note that this is extended cover, mechanical and electrical failures only, and it excludes any failures that could be attributed to or aggravated by track use.

Can't all mechanical failures be attributed or be aggravated by track use?

I’d get some clarity on that! Like you say anything can be aggravated by track use, or at least they can claim it is and avoid any payout!

Is the warranty backed by Lotus or from the dealer?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MrP_ said:

I’d get some clarity on that! Like you say anything can be aggravated by track use, or at least they can claim it is and avoid any payout!

Is the warranty backed by Lotus or from the dealer?

The warranty I am assuming is backed by Lotus since the dealer had to get in touch with them to find out if there was such a thing as an extended warranty and how much it would cost.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/01/2019 at 21:12, Tex said:

Directive 99/44 EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 may 1999 on certain aspects of the sale and guarantees of consumer goods says that 

Traders who sell consumer goods in the European Union ( EU) are obliged Ro remedy defects that existed at the time of delivery and which occur within two years . Community rules guarantee consumers a minimum level of protection expecially if the goods do no t meet the promised standards.

I discovered that my 380 Cup has only one year warrantyte, 430 Cup and Evora GT 430 have one year warranty as well. I was told by Lotus this.

Now the big IF  is that,  for the time being  United Kingdom remains a full member of the EU , with all the rights and obligations arising from it, so all the cars sold inland and abroad must have 2 years warranty

There is a difference between implied warrenty (consititutes a legal claim within the EU, refers exclusivly to defects already existing when the good was delivered and should not be confused with a legal claim for long lasting reliabilty and quality build) and a voluntary guarantee promise by the manufacturer (usually it is promised that the object of purchase works flawless for a certain time period and all expenses are covered if something malfunctions).

The forsaid mentioned Lotus guarantee is the ladder, so they can promise what ever they want and define limiting terms to their liking.

• 2 months later...
On 09/05/2019 at 23:58, mark248am said:

Just a quick little flyby video, the first car is the 430 Cup which belongs to @BAS and the second is my 380 Cup

Does the dust make grip levels a bit unpredictable?!

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

So just got my first error light I think since I bought the car. I've done around 25,000km mileage on the car since I got it so it's been fairly reliable. The past 7 months I've barely been driving it because I bought a classic Alfa and been driving that every day so haven't really gained much mileage. The last issue I had with the car was around 6 months ago when one of the factory exhaust clippings broke loose and my exhaust basically became a straight pipe. Easy fix though at the dealer.

This morning though I started the car and found the infamous TCFAULT error. We are in total lock down at the moment so everything is closed in Kuwait so gonna have to wait till dealership reopens to get it fixed. ABS light is on, traction control off light is on, exhaust valve is closed and I can't switch the car to Sport or Race mode.

spacer.png

Edited by mark248am
27 minutes ago, Kristof Thys said:

Take out the brake switch, push plunger in all the way, pull back 5 clicks, reinstall? 

Worth a try.  Did the lights come on the first press of the brake pedal?

It's not always 5 clicks, you actually are supposed to set them up using the diagnostic tool so that the double switches occur at the correct pedal pressure.  But some people seem to get away with it (and I've seen some cars that don't).

Dave

Back. So with the car off stepping on the brakes doesn't turn the brake lights on. I'm not sure if its always been like this but I'd imagine with car off brake lights should light up. With car on lightly pressing on brakes doesn't turn lights on so looks like it is the sensor. I have maybe around half a cm to 1cm of play before brake lights come on.