free hit
counters
My 380 Cup! - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content


Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So around a month ago, the engine of my Exige S blew randomly out of the blue one morning on my way to work. It was depressing cuz the weather had been amazing and I loved my car. Now a few months ear

Managed to take some photos of the car today since the weather was good. I noticed the seat warmer button doesn't work. I'm guessing its there just to fill in the empty spot?    

New pictures I took yesterday at the track in Bahrain    

Posted Images

Wow, congrats! Nice upgrade :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely stunning - give it a couple of days with that beauty and the S will be a distant memory! Inspired move - from a horrible situation has come an amazing one!B-)

I’ve only had my Motorsport Green Sport 350 a month - I haven’t actually driven it yet since I took delivery, but tomorrow it looks like I’m going to agree a deal for its replacement already. Funny how things work out isn’t it!:)

Enjoy the Cup!:thumbup:

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy. Stunning, outrageous car. Don't tell BAS but I think you will have the best looking Exige! ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be interesting to see how the cup performs as a daily driver. so far it seems a bit rougher than my exige s. also when @BAS speced the car he didn't request the secondary AC which comes standard in Middle East versions of the car, so I'm curious how bad the AC will perform during the hot summer months.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say a little better looking, both are amazing, like no other cars. I can see the appeal of a chargecooler in the Middle East especially!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Pits said:

I’d say a little better looking, both are amazing, like no other cars. I can see the appeal of a chargecooler in the Middle East especially!

That's the major appeal for me of the 430 vs 380. 

I was thinking of doing the ex460 kit mostly because of the cooler (power of course as well).

Since I never got around to registering the car I upgraded to the 430 and just paid the difference towards it (plus a little more).

Hopefully I won't need to upgrade power-wise from the 430. However, if I do it will be much easier since I already have a chargecooler.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BAS said:

That's the major appeal for me of the 430 vs 380. 

I was thinking of doing the ex460 kit mostly because of the cooler (power of course as well).

Since I never got around to registering the car I upgraded to the 430 and just paid the difference towards it (plus a little more).

Hopefully I won't need to upgrade power-wise from the 430. However, if I do it will be much easier since I already have a chargecooler.

 

Hopefully the 460 cup doesn't come out by the time your 430 arrives

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the wing, nose, cannards and decals better on the 380. Best looking Exige ever? S1 and Cup 260 will always be in the running for that prize but Essex Blue Cup 380 is right up there for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Pits said:

I like the wing, nose, cannards and decals better on the 380. Best looking Exige ever? S1 and Cup 260 will always be in the running for that prize but Essex Blue Cup 380 is right up there for sure.

speaking of decals, will these stickers start peeling off? I really like them but have a feeling with cleaning they'll end up getting peeled off eventually.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The red accent stripes on the front access panel are painted on I believe so you should have no concerns there. :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Pits said:

The red accent stripes on the front access panel are painted on I believe so you should have no concerns there. :thumbup:

i meant the 380 CUP stickers, the LOTUS logo on the back the TOW with the arrow sticker on the bumper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no issues with the decals in nearly 5 years of V6 Cup ownership so providing you're sensible about what you use to clean the car, you should be find there too. I always hand washed mine though, never went near it with a jet wash or pressure hose. At least they're easy to replace if you do lose one or two!

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I had no issues with the decals in nearly 5 years of V6 Cup ownership so providing you're sensible about what you use to clean the car, you should be find there too. I always hand washed mine though, never went near it with a jet wash or pressure hose. At least they're easy to replace if you do lose one or two!

its always dusty here so our building care taker has a dry rag he uses to wipe the dust off all the car. I should probably get car protection film done on parts that have stickers...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...