free hit
counters
Forgive me for I have sinned !! - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Brabbs

Forgive me for I have sinned !!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

how.cool.is.that.

!! stunning !! 

(will now have to talk to my wife this evening dB-) )

You are forgiven if you sell me the steering wheel that I see on the right side of the photo ;-) 

I'll be in England in late August, so I'll pick it up personally :)

Awesome. A must for any man cave 

How fast were you going to get it through the wall?:P

Top effort. I've been trying to come up with ideas for using ex Elite/Éclat bodies as they are as good as worthless it seems.

Had the idea of making a bed for my son but couldn't get it upstairs to that one was abandoned.

I hope that you've got the lights hooked up to close when the TV is off - now that would be seriously cool!!!

Your name has been forwarded to the eclat preservation society for crimes against the marque ;-)

Your only option is to reach for the araldite before the re-education team knock on your door.

Or just turn up the volume :)

7 hours ago, tom kilner said:

Your name has been forwarded to the eclat preservation society for crimes against the marque ;-)

Your only option is to reach for the araldite before the re-education team knock on your door.

Or just turn up the volume :)

In my defence Tom it was in a pretty sorry state as somebody had decided to cut a sunroof in and removed the strengthening rollover bar from the roof so you were able to put your hand inside the car through the top of the drivers side door without opening it , that’s my excuse anyway and I’m sticking to it !! . The only thing I really regret if I’m honest is giving away the galvanised chassis as I had nowhere to store it !!

ps I have the volume cranked up to the max and a tube of araldite in each hand you won’t take me alive !!!

13 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

How fast were you going to get it through the wall?:P

Top effort. I've been trying to come up with ideas for using ex Elite/Éclat bodies as they are as good as worthless it seems.

Had the idea of making a bed for my son but couldn't get it upstairs to that one was abandoned.

I hope that you've got the lights hooked up to close when the TV is off - now that would be seriously cool!!!

Great idea about the lights , may have to get to work on that one , not great with electrics but would be good if it could be wired so one light popped back up after about 8 hours ! ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Testdriver said:

how.cool.is.that.

!! stunning !! 

(will now have to talk to my wife this evening dB-) )

You are forgiven if you sell me the steering wheel that I see on the right side of the photo ;-) 

I'll be in England in late August, so I'll pick it up personally :)

No problem if you are in need of a steering wheel she’s yours ! Where abouts in the UK are you visiting? We’ll have to try and meet up at some event .what year is your car as I was going to fit that steering wheel to mine however they must have changed them in later years as this is from a 79 eclat if my memory serves me correct and does not fit my 76 elite, I will post some pictures for you to check ?

7 minutes ago, Bibs said:

10/10, that's awesome :D

Thanks , was a little worried what kind of reception it would receive but no death threats so far ?!

14 hours ago, Brabbs said:

No problem if you are in need of a steering wheel she’s yours ! Where abouts in the UK are you visiting? We’ll have to try and meet up at some event .what year is your car as I was going to fit that steering wheel to mine however they must have changed them in later years as this is from a 79 eclat if my memory serves me correct and does not fit my 76 elite, I will post some pictures for you to check ?

Thanks , was a little worried what kind of reception it would receive but no death threats so far ?!

Hi Craig

Will be in south England between 20th of August and 05th of September. I will post a seperate thread with all my questions (what to visit, how to meet some forum members etc.) 

My Elite is a 1975 and as far as I know, the steering wheel on your photo should be the one for that model year. I have currently an aftermarket steering wheel fitted, which I don' like really... Will get back to you!

003.jpg