free hit
counters
Sir Stirling Moss - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sir Stirling Moss

molemot

Has decided to withdraw from public life, and has closed down his website...there is a message there from his son...

" A message from Stirling's son: To all of his many friends and fans around the world, who use this website for regular updates, my father would like to announce that he will be closing it down.

Following his severe infections at the end of 2016 and his subsequent slow and arduous recovery, the decision has been made that, at the age of 88, the indefatigable man will finally retire, so that he and my mother can have some much deserved rest and spend more time with each other and the rest of the family.

The entire and extended Moss clan thank everyone for all their love and support over the years and we wish you all a happy and prosperous 2018. "

Truly a great man; this is the end of a magnificent era and he will continue to be our hearts and minds, especially those of us who lived through his golden years. I wish him well.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Still indecently quick in a racing car well into his eighties which I found particularly inspiring. At 88 his rest is not just well earned, it’s overdue!

The first man to win a Grand Prix in a Lotus I believe, at Monaco no less. The term ‘Legend’ is heavily overused these days, but not in his case.

It was very cool of him to sign the bits and pieces from LF1 number one which was organised on here not long ago.

That's a shame but very understandable. I had one of the best afternoons of my life visiting him with a couple of TLFers in late 2014 to sign an LF1 dedicated to Lotus's first F1 win. He's like the most awesome granddad in the world! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

That's a shame but very understandable. I had one of the best afternoons of my life visiting him with a couple of TLFers in late 2014 to sign an LF1 dedicated to Lotus's first F1 win. He's like the most awesome granddad in the world! 

Agreed, had a lovely chat with him and his wife at last year’s Goodwood revival. Amazing and inpirational man. Hope i make as much sense at that age if I’m still around.. 

23EC01F2-67F0-4455-85B2-443DCA5E8974.jpeg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

My abiding memory, from a number of years ago, is of being driven for several laps around Knockhill in an AMG Merc with the great man at the wheel.

Enjoy your well deserved retirement, Sir. :thumbsup:

Note to self: must dig out that video tape from the day and have it digitised.

• Like 2

I own a motorbike that he signed.

Over the years, despite me carefully preserving the signature (ie not washing the bike) it slowly disappeared. 
I still point out the space "where Sir Sterling Moss signed".

A well deserved retirement!

• Like 1