free hit
counters
Checklist roadtrip - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Checklist roadtrip

Hi, in April we are travelling with a group of 8 Lotus from the Netherlands to Scotland and England. The roadtrip takes a week.

Since it's the first roadtrip I'm organizing I'm looking for what abolutely not to forget taking with us. Aim is getting to a checklist for (technical) things which are not so obvious but might come in handy. Any suggestions based on experience, outside the obvious (car, carkey ?) and keeping in mind that the luggagespace is sort of cramped?....of course we are travelling with 8 cars so we can split the things up...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

You should be confident about the reliability of the cars in the groups, and be able to limit what you need to take. I take the following:

- toolset, either a complete but compact set or just a selection of the right sizes for the car

- some electrickery: fuses, bulbs, crimps, wire

- small 12V compressor and tire repair kit

- engine oil, dot4 fluid and water, ATF if you have an auto and/or PAS

- a few bolts, tie-wraps, ducttape in case anything works loose

- paper towels, hand wipes and an old coat just in case you need to get dirty

- workshop manual, so you're able to look things up. A pdf on your tablet or such is easiest.

I'm able to store all the above in the unused corners of the Esprit luggage space (front and back).

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 21-1-2018 at 11:12, Escape said:

You should be confident about the reliability of the cars in the groups, and be able to limit what you need to take. I take the following:

- toolset, either a complete but compact set or just a selection of the right sizes for the car

- some electrickery: fuses, bulbs, crimps, wire

- small 12V compressor and tire repair kit

- engine oil, dot4 fluid and water, ATF if you have an auto and/or PAS

- a few bolts, tie-wraps, ducttape in case anything works loose

- paper towels, hand wipes and an old coat just in case you need to get dirty

- workshop manual, so you're able to look things up. A pdf on your tablet or such is easiest.

I'm able to store all the above in the unused corners of the Esprit luggage space (front and back).

Filip

Thanks a lot Filip! I've added your input to the longlist --> next step is bringing it down to a shortlist. Thanks again!

15 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

If you are short of space but traveloing in a group, why not spread the kit among the cars rather than each taking the same thing?

Yep, that's the idea. I've sent a request to al tourmembers, from that I'll make a list with who will bring what to prevent each taking the same thing ;-).