free hit
counters
fitting rear wheel bearings - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
C43

fitting rear wheel bearings

quick question. I have been told that when fitting the rear wheel bearings in an S3 turbo I just push them in with the bearing frozen and the rear upright at 100 deg C. However should I use Permabond as instructed in the manual?

My garage did not tell me to do that but I may have missed it.

cheers

Christian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I believe that there is a large circlip used to hold the bearing in place but if the manual says use Permabond, I would use it. :) 

Strange have never used permabond on rear hubs,  The bearing is a tight enough fit as it is imo,  Chances of the outer race spinning on the actual hub casting is highly unlikely imo :rolleyes:

There is a circlip to stop the axial play. The permabond (or Loctite 640) is used to prevent the bearing spinning in the upright. I think you could get away without using it as it is a good fit but I bottled out and fitted with Loctite. Guess the next time we change wheel bearings we will have to get the upright pretty hot..

thanks for the feedback guys.

C43

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1