free hit
counters
New Exige 380 ordered - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stephenwhyte

New Exige 380 ordered

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yup does sound pretty bonkers but I know you had your heart set on a Sport 380 for some time now. Will be some car up in Scotland that’s for sure. Seeing the sun come out up there will be even more glorious with Fire Red!

Many congratulations. I much enjoyed having an Esprit and an Exige, they complement each other well. Very different cars of course but I enjoyed spotting some of the similarities. Hope to see your cars in Scotland at some point later in the year. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Cheers Jonny - would love to see your Motorsport Green GT430 if you are considering venturing up here......it’s lovely.

I love the MS Green paint on my 350.....but I’ve always been a red car fan and that was always the way I was going to go with a 380 order. Fire Red does look spectacular in the sun but I also love the dull look of it in low light - it’s a very moody multiple-personality shadeB-)

Roll on the Spring.......my plan is to do the North Coast 500 in it, so just need to tie up with some likeminded individuals.:thumbup:

• Like 1

Nice one Stephen, what a car to do the NC500 in. We did this last year in the Evora and it was fantastic. Enjoy your new toy when it comes.

• Like 1

Thanks John - hoping to tie up with my old Mica S4s (and it’s lucky owner!) for some tasty drives this year. Too many years of owning nice cars and not enough driving.......time for that to change:thumbup:

• Like 2

"I’ve done some crazy stuff regarding buying cars over the years"   i think were all in that boat at some point or other..

great coloour choice btw.....

whats current lead time on one of these right now?

I’m told March is possible Andy, but I’m thinking more realistically April now. My Birthday is Tues 11th - would be a cool present to pick up the weekend before. 

Ref. the colour choice, I had hoped mine could end up the only one as I had always planned on it being Fire Red........but someone beat me to it. At least it allowed me to see it for real before orderingB-)

And now that a day has passed, and the deed is done.... I’m starting to get excited now!!:)

5 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

I’m told March is possible Andy, but I’m thinking more realistically April now. My Birthday is Tues 11th - would be a cool present to pick up the weekend before. 

Ref. the colour choice, I had hoped mine could end up the only one as I had always planned on it being Fire Red........but someone beat me to it. At least it allowed me to see it for real before orderingB-)

And now that a day has passed, and the deed is done.... I’m starting to get excited now!!:)

Stephen,  only just seen all this! really pleased for you!! they are an awesome cat! 

And also a car.

• Haha 1

Congrats Stephen. Your car will look stunning! Definitely a crazy move but will be magnificent.

• Like 1

We'll have to put Fire, Flame and Canyon Reds next to each other and compare.

• Like 2

I LOVE that colour :D

Nearly as good as Liquid Yellow ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

like, like like like!  looking sweeeeeeeeeett, hope all else is ok Stepthen

• Like 1

Great colour, congratulations!  Always dreamed of buying a brand new car, but I always piss my money up the wall on mods before I can save enough money :lol:

• Haha 1

Lovely pair of reds! A bit closer to done than when I had my factory visit, which was before the FIRST time they painted it.

grey-exige.PNG.57afbd87602768b69ffd06ecebd55ce0.PNG

• Like 1

That looks marvellous Stephen. Visiting the factory (and Motorsport) to see my car in build was an experience like no other, I'm glad you enjoyed it. These metallic red Exige V6s are too common now :stuart:

When are you expecting to collect it?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

with a schedule to take delivery mid-March all going well

• Like 1

Looking good in green there Martyn.....funnily enough your car came up in conversation - it seems it’s still well remembered for the paint issues they had getting it right. Got there in the end and rest assured yours will definitely be the only Flame Red Lotus from the angst I picked up onB-)

Arun - should be ready in a couple of weeks but will be picked up to go straight to a well known detailer up here to get a proper finish and Xpel PPF applied to the front. So just in time for the warmer weather hopefully :thumbup:

• Like 2

Lovely colour choice! 

Good choice to get the front end PPF'd. The Gloss carbon and Matt black really finish it off, enjoy!

Edited by DT 350
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DT 350 said:

The Gloss carbon and Matt black really finish it off, enjoy!

Thanks @DT 350 - I had thought (long and hard) about Fire Red stripes on the front access panel and matt black decals on the front of the rear wing, together with the matt black decal on the roof that flows into the rear access panel (all like the 430 Cup) but then once I saw them on the Fire Red 430 Cup next to mine, I felt the Sport would maybe look wrong with them.

We deliberated over it for a while at the factory but eventually agreed that there’s enough going on with all the black on this car together with the depth of colour, amount of reflection and line enhancement with the Fire Red that together it looks just right as it is - so left it.....for now anyway.:)