free hit
counters
New Exige 380 ordered - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stephenwhyte

New Exige 380 ordered

3 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Looking good in green there Martyn.....funnily enough your car came up in conversation - it seems it’s still well remembered for the paint issues they had getting it right. Got there in the end and rest assured yours will definitely be the only Flame Red Lotus from the angst I picked up onB-)

Yeah, I hope Malcolm doesn't have a nervous tic around red Renaults now, he seemed so laid back when I met him ;) That clear red (candy) mid coat is the killer, must be same thickness all over, which is very hard by hand.

The Fire Red is looking great though, must get its depth in some other clever way.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ask them to change the fasteners that bolt the fans in place to the radiator to S/Steel. When I picked my car up they were already rusting as they are just cheap bolts. Had the same on my V6S but also on the rear deck lid where the bolts  underneath hold the plastic finisher on. The dealer did mine before I picked it up. Also put a fine smear of waxoil on the brake servo to stop this rusting as well.

Nice car too....

cheers

Mark

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Thanks @DT 350 - I had thought (long and hard) about Fire Red stripes on the front access panel and matt black decals on the front of the rear wing, together with the matt black decal on the roof that flows into the rear access panel (all like the 430 Cup) but then once I saw them on the Fire Red 430 Cup next to mine, I felt the Sport would maybe look wrong with them.

We deliberated over it for a while at the factory but eventually agreed that there’s enough going on with all the black on this car together with the depth of colour, amount of reflection and line enhancement with the Fire Red that together it looks just right as it is - so left it.....for now anyway.:)

Do you have any pictures of the 430 cup in fire red?

24 minutes ago, mark248am said:

Do you have any pictures of the 430 cup in fire red?

Not a full on one as Scott took the photos - they’re a bit precious about that kind of thing. This is as much as I have. Quite funny - someone had managed to do the roof stripes in Fire Red and the access panel stripes in standard Red......oops! Mind you that’s nothing .....as we’re standing next to mine someone tried to fit a 430 Cup rear access panel onto mine! There were some funny looks between us all at that point......:lol:

4A49A98E-6389-48AC-87BD-6A0E85880541.jpeg

73670253-DFFC-4906-8BB8-1F46E1F14393.jpeg

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning, I'm sure you can't wait for the big day.   Scott does indeed know his stuff - he has special Lotus blood running through his veins !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Not a full on one as Scott took the photos - they’re a bit precious about that kind of thing. This is as much as I have. Quite funny - someone had managed to do the roof stripes in Fire Red and the access panel stripes in standard Red......oops! Mind you that’s nothing .....as we’re standing next to mine someone tried to fit a 430 Cup rear access panel onto mine! There were some funny looks between us all at that point......:lol:

4A49A98E-6389-48AC-87BD-6A0E85880541.jpeg

73670253-DFFC-4906-8BB8-1F46E1F14393.jpeg

hahahaha thats hilarious!

• Like 1

Really stunning Stephen, somehow works better on an Exige than an Evora for whatever unfathomable reason. Not a million miles away from Canyon Red but that's no bad thing at all. Can't wait to see it finished. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Black S/C with plaque - high 5!:happydance:

1 hour ago, MartynB said:

Black S/C with plaque - high 5!:happydance:

I’ve read this 5 times and I’m still lost - can you put me out of my misery:blush:

43 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

I’ve read this 5 times and I’m still lost - can you put me out of my misery:blush:

There was a few that were unpainted and with no plague, which made people quite upset at a time (summer 2017). Mine was with painted supercharger and the plague though, collected in September 2017.

Ah supercharger - what a muppet I am!! And to think this was one of the first things I noticed when I saw photos of the car part built a couple of weeks back.

Yes the engine bay looks much more finished with a painted supercharger and with the Lotus plaque - Scott tells me this will be the norm from now on as there were quite a lot of complaints.

My only real grumble is the rear diffuser edge is now plastic instead of carbon - not impressed. Cost saving apparently.....funny that, as it’s not reflected on the price list. Carbon one is exclusively for the 430 now and can’t even be optioned for the 380....:angry:

Hmmm.  Was the carbon one standard when you ordered it, I wonder...

5 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

Hmmm.  Was the carbon one standard when you ordered it, I wonder...

Sadly not Dave - I knew before ordering 

Yeah... I was one of the moaners. Ally finish to the Supercharger (told they had dropped the back and badge). Also the spoiler winglets were changed to plastic from Carbon, no engine covers either, which I bought later, just plain penny pinching, It really really pissed me off at the time. I also asked for other options too, told "no we dont do those" or "you cant have that". They also dropped the storage nets behing the seats and in the boot, I mean WTF,  there is no place to put anything without it slithering all over the place all for just a a few quid and again I retrofitted them.

cheers

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Yeah... I was one of the moaners. Ally finish to the Supercharger (told they had dropped the back and badge). Also the spoiler winglets were changed to plastic from Carbon, no engine covers either, which I bought later, just plain penny pinching, It really really pissed me off at the time. I also asked for other options too, told "no we dont do those" or "you cant have that". They also dropped the storage nets behing the seats and in the boot, I mean WTF,  there is no place to put anything without it slithering all over the place all for just a a few quid and again I retrofitted them.

cheers

Oh that explains why I don’t have a storage net behind my seat, thought it was a cup weight saving option ?

• Like 1

You lot have been diddled - I was wondering why the Superchargers were unpainted on some 380’s, now I know (should have guessed)..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mark248am said:

Oh that explains why I don’t have a storage net behind my seat, thought it was a cup weight saving option ?

Yeah, same reason there are no rear speakers anymore ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Yeah, same reason there are no rear speakers anymore ;) 

Is there wiring there though for speaker connection Mark, hsve you had a peak? Scott tells me there won’t be but Ian at Murray Lotus says there will be? Clarity as always with Lotus.....:lol:

Hi,

Yes the cables are there, or at least they were when I fitted the cargo net. Had to removed the rear plastic trim panel as the cargo net is riveted and needs a washer behind to stop the plastic trim splitting. You can probably reach the drivers side one if you remove the blanking plate with the seat right forward, cable is taped to the chassis. Passenger side might be harder as you can't move the seat. I guess all looms are the same, why make different ones? Its the same for the USB power connections, reversing sensors etc. the wires are there but devices just not fitted.

cheers

Mark

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

My only real grumble is the rear diffuser edge is now plastic instead of carbon - not impressed. Cost saving apparently.....funny that, as it’s not reflected on the price list. Carbon one is exclusively for the 430 now and can’t even be optioned for the 380....:angry:

Guess I was lucky in getting the carbon  diffuser edge :o but again penny pinching. However the spoiler winglets are @ £400 each, so who knows how much the diffuser carbon will be much. Really not good when your spending all that money on a car. Guess we were lucky they didn't drop the 4 pot engines in ... :lol:

But you have to give credit to Lotus, all the launch cars fully "blinged" up, with the disclaimer cars all subject to change.

cheers

When you guys say diffuser edge, do you mean the edge of the rear wing? Cuz they're plastic on my cup.

No, where the reversing sensors fit....

No, the bit u circled is plastic on mine too.

WoW u have plastic winglets too.... shame on Lotus. I put decals on mine to hide the cheap crap plastic...

IMG_3841.JPG

yep thats the baby...