free hit
counters
New Exige 380 ordered - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stephenwhyte

New Exige 380 ordered

Thanks guys feeling much better now!:angry::lol:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

You have a beautiful car, some bits you can add back in easily. I’d love the black SC, is really does finish the engine off, well for me anyway. But I’ll have one with that upgrade I’ve promised myself, but that depends on a couple of things :stuart:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Not everything carbon is better, personally, i wish my car came with a plastic front lip instead of the carbon one. With my Exige S I've missed a few unmarked speed bumps before and had the front lip dig into the tarmac a couple of times without it breaking. I'd imagine if I did the same with the carbon lip it would just shatter and break.

Interesting that they fit the headlamp ‘eyeliner’ decals after they’ve installed the headlamps. I don’t know why but I’d assumed that the lights would’ve had to come out.

Stunning - you must be like a dog with two dicks waiting for delivery Stephen...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

She was signed off and passed earlier today, so now ready for delivery to Scotland - wow.....I love it!!:thumbsup:B-)

39339CDF-12BE-463D-A187-C740BC02CF82.jpeg

D0441889-3607-45C6-A687-4DB648F63769.jpeg

Did Lotus send you these pictures? You think if I email them asking for pictures of 430 Cups that aren't green or gray they'd send me some?

4 minutes ago, mark248am said:

Did Lotus send you these pictures? You think if I email them asking for pictures of 430 Cups that aren't green or gray they'd send me some?

I wouldn’t bet on it @mark248am - they’re a bit precious with photos. 

Can I suggest you look on www.theparking.eu - then put in Lotus Exige in descending price order. This is the best place I’ve found, to see colour variants other than the factory floor.

Which colour were you hoping to see as I can confirm there was only grey, white, burnt orange, Fire Red and a Toyota Blue colour (like Daytona Blue) available to see at the factory last week.

Just now, stephenwhyte said:

I wouldn’t bet on it @mark248am - they’re a bit precious with photos. 

Can I suggest you look on www.theparking.eu - then put in Lotus Exige in descending price order. This is the best place I’ve found, to see colour variants other than the factory floor.

Which colour were you hoping to see as I can confirm there was only grey, white, burnt orange, Fire Red and a Toyota Blue colour (like Daytona Blue) available to see at the factory last week.

@BAS ordered his 430 Cup in Essex Blue which is the same blue as my 380 Cup. I'm trying to convince him to go with a different color option so we both don't end up looking like twinsies when we go out. I'll check out the link now.

• Like 1

Looking the bomb there, Stephen!

Sorry about the S/C confusion.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, mark248am said:

@BAS ordered his 430 Cup in Essex Blue which is the same blue as my 380 Cup. I'm trying to convince him to go with a different color option so we both don't end up looking like twinsies when we go out. I'll check out the link now.

The Cup 430 looked fantastic in white which ordinarily I wouldn’t have picked personally - but seeing it in white at the factory....it was stunning!!

1 minute ago, stephenwhyte said:

The Cup 430 looked fantastic in white which ordinarily I wouldn’t have picked personally - but seeing it in white at the factory....it was stunning!!

@BAS do you hear that? Get it in white!

• Haha 1

@mark248am so many different colours on the theparking.eu.

Thanks for the tip @stephenwhyte.

Now back to square one...and I think production is in 1 week ?

• Like 1

Bump for Mike on S.E.L.O.C with the grey Sport 380

• Like 1

Congrats!

Looking ? 

• Like 1

Not the best quality as it’s a video of a video but gives an idea of how the colour changes in the sunlight B-) Getting excited now:thumbup:

Hi Stephen,

I spotted your car on Friday parked at Leven Lotus and it looks very nice indeed. 

Steve. 

• Like 1

Where do they do ceramic coating? Do they also do it on the PPF area or do they leave that part off?

From what I understood from a local PPF/Ceramic coating shop is that they don't apply the PPF on already treated ceramic coated areas, but I forgot to ask him if it the other way around was possible (PPF first).

Are you getting any window film installed?

Edited by BAS
Spell

Car is detailed and then PPF applied. The coating is then applied to the parts that don’t have PPF. No ceramic coating is applied to the PPF. 

I considered tinting the side windows but then decided against it when I saw the samples available, against the glass.

Got it.

I always wonder that since front clam area will have PPF and the rest ceramic coating that the PPF area with time won't have the same shine as the rest of the car

Do you think it would be noticeable?

It looks different anyway as it’s covered in film but it’s protected which to me is the important thing. I want to be able to drive the car without worrying about stone chips......I’ve had too much of that kind of thinking with my Esprits. Under the clam has been detailed remember so looks as good as it can. The film may be removed years down the line, and replaced with new but I get the impression this new Expel product will last a lot longer than the stuff Lotus used in front of the rear arches......which I’ve had removed and replaced with Expel.

Looks fantastic!!

Is that a green 70th Edition towards the front of the transporter? I forgot those even existed.

Yes Arun - an Empire Green one. There’s also a white one too. They’re nice but not keen on their shiny black front access panels with red stripes - they look cheap! Not as cheap as the 70th Anniversary decals mind you!!:(

• Like 1