free hit
counters
New Exige 380 ordered - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

New Exige 380 ordered

36 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

I do like those wing end plates on the 380Cup wing. You order direct through Lotus? Are they CF?

I think 380 Cup end plates are circa £400 each side. You can order via B&C/Deroure.

Andy if you go down this route ill have your 430 wing end plates ;)

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/04/2020 at 10:11, BatMobile said:

Stephen, have you considered adding body coloured cat scratches and colour coding the wing mirrors? Feel it could really finish your car off and break up the black carbon panels. 

@BatMobile

Thanks for the suggestions.....trust me Alastair I’ve thought about it and thought about it......but l’m of the opinion that this colour combo doesn’t really need them.

The only additions I want to make at this point are the carbon scoops (bought but will need someone more qualified to fit) and the shark-fin decals for the front of the rear arches - again bought and will be fitted by my detailer at some point, as some of the PPF is to be redone first.

I can understand your thinking ref the cat-scratches though as I’ve deliberated (both Cup 380 and 430 styles) since the point of order but the more I look at the contrast the more I feel I like it this way. But never say never!

As for body-coloured mirrors - yes if the car was black like yours......but other than that I detest body-coloured Exige door mirrors, so that’s a much easier decision😂 Again I like the contrast and for me anyway the balance overall is working for my annoying over-critical eye😉

21 minutes ago, NANO said:

@ stephenwhyte

Hi,

Another possibility would be to paint the final exhaust in matt black ... what do you think ?

personally I see it very nice (that chrome) ...

cheers

Ha - thanks. No for me I prefer it Chrome👍😎

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mattmahope said:

@stephenwhyte are those Lotus OEM side scoops?

Alias23😎

7 minutes ago, NANO said:

@stephenwhyte If you keep the original exterior mirrors it would not be bad to replace the 2 external covers with carbon ones.

Not keen on those @NANO......if I ever changed, I would change to body colour covers but that’s not a look I’m likely going to bother with, as I’m happy as they are👍

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mattmahope said:

Good choice on the Alias23 scoops! Mine are currently inbound to be fitted shortly. I cannot wait!

Have you got any more close up pictures of the scoops fitted in the meantime?

The whole of my car is PPF’d so I’ve left the black film off that leads into the scoop. I may add a knifeless tape at a later date. Very happy with them - really does improve the look on the sides. Shark fins are next👍

163AA06D-0A7C-4DE2-8BE3-5F56953DF248.jpeg

A75300DB-B555-4AC9-8F24-ECF1BE95553E.jpeg

• Love 1

I seriously considered leaving off the black vinyl when i fitted mine ( its the part a struggled with most 🤣) the bit on the passenger side had to be adjusted a couple of times, and seems to have lost a little stick on the front edge. I was going to cut a new piece, but after seeing yours without I may just remove it from both sides.

looking at the pictures of the final editions they dont look to have the vinyl in the bottom anyway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davey D said:

I seriously considered leaving off the black vinyl when i fitted mine ( its the part a struggled with most 🤣) the bit on the passenger side had to be adjusted a couple of times, and seems to have lost a little stick on the front edge. I was going to cut a new piece, but after seeing yours without I may just remove it from both sides.

looking at the pictures of the final editions they dont look to have the vinyl in the bottom anyway

There’s a good chance I will leave them without, as I think without accentuates the scoop shape into the body - I’m all for the stock look normally but mine will always be a Sport/Cup hybrid anyway, with my own touches....as it should be I suppose.
The deliberation now is whether to vinyl the front intake and between roof panel and rear access like the Cup, but I think I might leave as is too. As said previously....shark-fins and I think I’m there 👍

If you have body coloured roof, I would definitely leave the roll hoop body coloured as well. I will be painting my roof, roll hoop and rear engine cover all body colour, a bit like an S1 Exige.

I personally like the lower parts of the two front side intakes wrapped in black in the style of the Cup R, which is what I have now and will have again after my respray. I’m less keen on the full front intake wrapping on the 380 Cup, mainly because the top part doesn’t level with the bonnet crease line.

11 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

If you have body coloured roof, I would definitely leave the roll hoop body coloured as well. I will be painting my roof, roll hoop and rear engine cover all body colour, a bit like an S1 Exige.

I personally like the lower parts of the two front side intakes wrapped in black in the style of the Cup R, which is what I have now and will have again after my respray. I’m less keen on the full front intake wrapping on the 380 Cup, mainly because the top part doesn’t level with the bonnet crease line.

My roofs carbon😂😉......but I still like the body colour between as it defines my always favoured black/red spec that I’ve loved since a boy, when I saw my first red/black Turbo Esprit😎

Sorry, I’ve been looking at too many red cars recently!

The colour of the roll hoop is what always bothers me slightly with a carbon/black roof and a carbon/black rear hatch. I personally find that on lighter cars in particular it needs to be wrapped black so as to blend in with the roof/hatch otherwise it looks “bitty” and breaks up the lines. It’s less of an issue on darker cars, and I think it looks fine on yours. Obviously all personal preference at the end of the day, so stick with it if you like it!

My car will be a lighter/brighter red than yours, which is partly why I have decided to paint my carbon roof and rear hatch body colour, so that it all blends in and really shows the lines of the car nicely.

• Like 1