free hit
counters
Lotus Silverstone reveal Elise Cup 250 Type 25 Edition - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TLF News

Lotus Silverstone reveal Elise Cup 250 Type 25 Edition

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Stunning 

Sorry for my ignorance but what's that big white circle for?

It looks cool with a racing number on it. So, the user supposed to put a number sticker, right?  Or do people use it empty just like that?

I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the UK to drive with a number sticker on the car, hence it being used for a 'Cup 250' sticker on this car. 

• Confused 1

Really Bibs ?  Have never heard that,  cant see why it would cause a problem ?

Sorry, not illegal but frowned upon by the MSA...

MSA Reg Q11.1.2 states "Competition numbers must be covered at all times when driving on the public highway"

The original Type 25 Jim Clark edition that Lotus did back in 2009 had it, it's just a styling thing - I love it!

lotus-elise-convertible-petrol_18515617.

We had a couple of drivers pulled at Brands Hatch in the first year of LoTRDC about it,* one of the MSA guys saw them driving into the circuit with their numbers on display. Two strips of pvc tape crossed through temporary  is acceptable... bit pathetic really.

Wonder how this car has the 5spoke forged wheels on it? Thought Lotus had cleared all the old stock out. Or have Silverstone had them on the shelf.

Still the best looking wheel they've done IMHO, they should bring them back.

Perfectly legal to drive on the road with race numbers. The various racing clubs/blue book all have it in their regs that if your car is road legal then you cannot have visible race numbers when driving it to and from events. It’s a stupid rule. 

Most race number roundels wear sponsorship logo's or the name of the race series they belong to. I imagine they don't want any poor road driving standards being tagged back to them.

Yup. But you don’t cover up that, only the race numbers. Our lot got arsy one event and forced us to make them illegible rather than the customary pointless cross over the number. It’s a stupid rule.