free hit
counters
Hi from Watford - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
M7CKF

Hi from Watford

I'm in the process of buying a new 350, just waiting for the registration to come through. This will be my first Lotus however I've owned a Caterham (224 bhp Zetec on carbs) for over 20 years. Rode bikes for 30 years including doing a number of track days without hurting myself.

First saw a black V6 at Malcolm Ricketts open day a few years ago, much better in the flesh than photos.

Looked at the Porsche 718S but when I took my wife along she thought it didn't look special enough. After we went for a test drive in the Lotus she said let's try the Porsche! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF. An Exige will seem like luxury after bikes and a Caterham (I also have both). I'm sure you'll have a whale of a time in it. Flipping good package the 350. Mega cars.

If it helps you can tell the Mrs that the roof comes off the Exige and that old ladies drive Boxsters!

Enjoy!

Welcome along, another local Lotus always welcome.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

One out of two ain't bad.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Suppose someone has to live there :) 

• Haha 1

It's getting there......

Welcome to the TLF  Mike,   first post in a year !  :)

A

Welcome to TLF Mike and congrats on the Exige :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Glad I don't live next to someone like that.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

3 hours ago, M7CKF said:

Nothing like a bit of postcode snobbery to make you feel welcome

Apologies if my reply seemed a little harsh. It was meant in jest an aimed at another old Watfordonian. :) 

• Haha 1

It's getting there......

@M7CKF Tims comment was aimed jokingly at our resident Watfordonian....watforian.....watfordsownion......Sparky :) 

Hes a top bloke but a bit of a drunk!

Anyway. Welcome to the forum. You won't be disppointed with the Exige. It's a real drivers car whereas the Porker is for Hairdressers and make up artists :)

Anything you need please don't hesitate to ask a moderator and take everything you read here with a pinch of salt (you will get used to the banter). We discuss everything from Politics to Computergames, Bikes to Trucks and (of course) anything Lotus. So please feel free to join in with anything that interests you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome to TLF Mike. :welcome:

Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.