free hit
counters
Lotus - 10 Year Plan - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm....well I hope Lotus do intend to upgrade the Elise - after all Mazda and Fiat produce a small, 'cheepish' 2-seater so there's still a demand there 

This is exactly what I said awhile back when Geely acquired them. They want a higher end car for people to drool over. As long as they don't abandon the lower end lines like the Elise and the mid-rang

Now is not the time Barry. Mine are also for sale! There are so many options for Lotus, I guess it all depends on the level of investment. I trust fully in JMG and believe he will take the righ

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Here comes the new esprit surely......?

From this Pistonheads interview:  "So maybe it's time for another Esprit? "For brand building Lotus needs something above the Evora," JMG agreed. "It needs a poster car again."

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/lotus-pistonheads/lotus-the-perils-of-a-hands-on-ceo/37467

• Gold FFM

Got to say if they bring out an Esprit I am going to have to have one. I have absoutely no plan or money to buy one but I will be one of the first to sign up to buy one and worry about it later. 

• Gold FFM
18 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Barry you could always start working again,just saying

Woah - chap - hang on I’m trying to slow the work down this year. 3 or 4 sheds in the diary by the looks though

• Haha 1

Only here once

So the company is going back to being a 1000 strong but now it can tap in a lot more engineering and innovation might and the skeleton building will be completed which is very good news! This should make things a lot more interesting. Now I'm very curious to see how much Geely will really invest... Will Lotus be given its own powertrain new V6 and V8 or will they have to use Volvo 4cyl, for me both option are valid, but A V6 derived from Drive-E would be mouth watering  in terms of performance and better in line with what Lotus has been producing lately. Mind you if a new Esprit shows up with the 4cyl hybrid range extended of the Polestar 1 and its 600bhp I promise not to complain.  

Now the piece says two new models are coming ... Am I wrong to think that it means two new cars in addition to the 3 model line up we have now and these should not be variants hopefully. Could we be getting a supercar (Esprit) and a GT (Elite).  Lotus has been developing a new rear engined platform that will underpin the upcoming Elise, Exige, realistically it will also be the base of the Evora and the new supercar so the sportscars is covered. The crossover can either use Volvo/Geely's CMA or SPA architectures or alternatively the LEVC taxi underpinnings, they could use  either Coventry, Genk or Luquiao factory, they have no shortage  of options.  Now the second sportcar, could it be front engine and could it be lotus take on the Polestar 1?

I'm saying that because polestar 1 will only be produced in small numbers 500 cars per annum so there is room for the platform to be shared without damaging anything.

Now why oh why would Lotus come out with that during a week end...Way to fly under the radar. 

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

It might be a good time to start advertising kidneys

Now is not the time Barry. Mine are also for sale!

41 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

So the company is going back to being a 1000 strong but now it can tap in a lot more engineering and innovation might and the skeleton building will be completed which is very good news! This should make things a lot more interesting. Now I'm very curious to see how much Geely will really invest... Will Lotus be given its own powertrain new V6 and V8 or will they have to use Volvo 4cyl, for me both option are valid, but A V6 derived from Drive-E would be mouth watering  in terms of performance and better in line with what Lotus has been producing lately. Mind you if a new Esprit shows up with the 4cyl hybrid range extended of the Polestar 1 and its 600bhp I promise not to complain.  

Now the piece says two new models are coming ... Am I wrong to think that it means two new cars in addition to the 3 model line up we have now and these should not be variants hopefully. Could we be getting a supercar (Esprit) and a GT (Elite).  Lotus has been developing a new rear engined platform that will underpin the upcoming Elise, Exige, realistically it will also be the base of the Evora and the new supercar so the sportscars is covered. The crossover can either use Volvo/Geely's CMA or SPA architectures or alternatively the LEVC taxi underpinnings, they could use  either Coventry, Genk or Luquiao factory, they have no shortage  of options.  Now the second sportcar, could it be front engine and could it be lotus take on the Polestar 1?

I'm saying that because polestar 1 will only be produced in small numbers 500 cars per annum so there is room for the platform to be shared without damaging anything.

Now why oh why would Lotus come out with that during a week end...Way to fly under the radar. 

There are so many options for Lotus, I guess it all depends on the level of investment. I trust fully in JMG and believe he will take the right decisions.

• Like 2

Rereading the piece for the nteenth time I do think that JMG is speaking Elige replacement and possibly either Evora mark 2 or Esprit. We know that JMG wants the Esprit brand back so that would make sense and Esprit would be marketed as Hethel supercar so the pricetag and margins on the car would be much higher. 

• Like 1

Pop up headlights for the new Esprit or i hope lotus bin the idea :)    I personally feel that lotus could use the Evora chassis,  Stevens Esprit body shell and add the Esprit GT1 cars wheel arches and fit on an evora chassis  Classic design with very much super car looks.  Cuts back on inverstment on a new chassis and drivtrain, yet still remains mid engined.    They could make it a limited run,  with cash down first.   It would set the car in the very much prestige catagory and i feel its order books would be full within one week of press lauch. 

5a6d36d313e68_.jpg.eb50d2daa9b276992ad9f89bb89a682f.jpg  

Then they could look into doing the same with the Early  G shaped cars,  White G Bodyshell on evora chassis and drivetrain etc.

Lotus need to start using the things that have have made them great,  Lotus motorsport, Fantastic design and the best selling point of nostalgia !   

They are still a British handbuilt car factory and should use this more to their advantage regarding sales and pitches imo.  So many wonderfull things could be designed and actually built for very little investment given all the magic tricks and things already in place at Hethal.  

Doing an Evora special edtion with the Bond s1 style black pinstripes down the side is one thing,  but Relauching an iconic design such as the actual esprit shape is the way to go,   Just look at porsche "  Ducks head lol "   Classic design that they have not changed,  why because it is iconic and loved by millions and still sells well.   

Lotus....   I expect the shells fitted on the Evora platform by the end of the month :whistle: You cant redesign perfection :)

• Like 2

A

The Elise is synonymous with Lotus, but volumes needs to be substantially higher and manufacturing more automated imo.

Let’s see what happens in the next three to six months in way of announcements - I’m sure that positive times are ahead. I just hope that Geely have deep enough pockets and long enough patience to transform Lotus into a truly global player with a sustainable future.

• Like 1
On ‎27‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 17:28, Barrykearley said:

It might be a good time to start advertising kidneys

No Barry, you should have kept all of your Esprits. Then your pension would be secured ;)

jacques

• Haha 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Sorry, but this Lotus Fan Boy puked at that.....   :sick:

Maybe it will be a grower but i doubt it.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!