free hit
counters
New Evora owner - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Solstice

New Evora owner

Should never have arranged that test drive!

My Exige was having some warranty work done at Silverstone and they arranged a drive in a 410 while I was waiting, couldn't believe how planted it felt on the road compared to the Exige.

That started the itch which had to be scratched! A bit of searching and a test drive at B & C, narrowed the choice down to their orange 400 or a BRG (I'm sure that isn't what lotus call the colour, but it's green) car at jct600. JCT came up with a deal that was too good to miss, so drove the Exige up to Leeds from Wiltshire yesterday, arrived a little stiff with my ears ringing.

The journey home was much more comfortable 210 miles, and I could have done the same again without any problem, although couldn't resist playing with the exhaust button?

had a blat around some of the local B roads this morning and the speed is really deceptive, the exige would have been tramlining all over the place, the evora just gets on with going where it is pointed.

Next problem is noise, I've got 2 days at Silverstone booked, hopefully there won't be an issue, I've been told it's the one circuit that is ok for a 400.

Can't stop gazing out of the kitchen window.....

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congrats Gareth, pics please :D

Sounds great - congratulations 

1 hour ago, Solstice said:

Next problem is noise, I've got 2 days at Silverstone booked, hopefully there won't be an issue, I've been told it's the one circuit that is ok for a 400.

Nice work. :thumbup:

Some 400s seem to be fine at Silverstone. Others have been black flagged. Hopefully you’ll be on one of the ‘fine’ days. 

Great colour. That looks closer to an Empire green than a Motorsports green. I’m pretty sure @The Pits will know. 

Offtopic : Ahh HEIC iPhone photos, how long till TLF can display those automatically I wonder?

The colour of your new 400 looks fantastic, I may have a new favourite colour for Evoras beyond Daytona Blue!

Saw this in the showroom looked really good. 

Definitely not Motorsport Green, could be Empire or what used to be known Epsom Green, also known as Lotus Racing Green but they’ve all been called that at one time or other!

Absolutely stunning and very rare in either event. Many congratulations!

:thumbup:

The car looks monsterous in that colour. Fabulous. :) 

Thanks guys, am chuffed to bits with it, although have noticed a slight flutter occasionally just as you open the throttle, coincidentally I had a call from Matt at Silverstone, he checked the reg and advised that it was due an ecu update, could they be connected?

Yes could easily be. My Exige lit up the engine warning light because of an overdue ecu update.

congrats coz that looks luvli :thumbsup:

Congratulations, that looks awesome. 

/off topic - up until 3 months ago I lived on the Salisbury Plain too! :) 

33 minutes ago, Lukeyboy2k said:

Congratulations, that looks awesome. 

/off topic - up until 3 months ago I lived on the Salisbury Plain too! :) 

Where abouts? Some great driving roads.

21 hours ago, trcm said:

Offtopic : Ahh HEIC iPhone photos, how long till TLF can display those automatically I wonder?

I've addressed this with the software provider, will hopefully have a fix soon. :)

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Solstice said:

Where abouts? Some great driving roads.

I used to live opposite the Bustard Inn (between Shrewton and Larkhill), now I'm down in the Langfords. Agreed, some good ones near Tilshead, or Ludgershall.