Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dear Geely..... - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dear Geely.....

Gadzooks

Dear Geely,

when you do the next Evora update could I have a windscreen wash that sprays water across the screen rather than straight up the screen. And while you are at it could you make the windscreen wiper motor quieter than a series 2 Landrover.

thank you

(any other Dear Geely's?)

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You could fit the fan-spray nozzle from a focus as others have. 

Cheap mid but not perfect as part of the fan hits the edge of the access hatch

Edit: THIS is the correct part number. Other sellers are available. 10min job.

Edited by mik

After spending hours trying to adjust the washer jets, I was toying with the idea of fitting a Citroen BX spray bar to the wiper arm on my Evora. I had one on my old Elise and it worked well at getting the screenwash where it was needed.

• Like 1

Thanks guys but I have no intention of changing the washer jets.  I was more interested in seeing if we could get a short list of things we'd like to see changed using the 'parts bin' available from Geely (Volvo).  Hence Dear Geely...

How about having the illumination on the dashboard buttons actually dim when you switch on the headlights? Or, in the case of the Engine Start button, go out when the engine is running.

Can we have the 12v sockets in the boot and front footwell back, and have them live even when the keys aren't in? (useful for dashcams / charging phones / etc.). Come to think of it, what about USB charging sockets?

Infinitely variable wiper delay (like the old Elise mod - changing the relay to a VW one) without the silly 1-6 speed ring on the stalk.

Engine temperature gauge, not Hot and Cold lights.

Ability to stop the mirrors folding when you switch on the alarm - mine have frozen in the folded position.

More storage space for odds and ends inside the car.

Cargo net in boot. Bigger boot - how bulky is the plastic trim at the rear and on the lid? My old Elise's boot seemed bigger.

Rear seat cushions more easily removable and removable cargo net so car can be changed from 2+2 to 2+0 easily, depending on whether carrying luggage or passengers.

An extra Sport mode with increased throttle response, but full traction/stability control still on.

Delete electric fuel flap release: one day actuator is going to pack in, and then what do you do?

Stop water running off tailgate into boot when you open it.

Twin rear reversing and fog lights. The current reversing lamp doesn't give much illumination to see where you're going.

Delete annoying GSI indicator on dashboard.

• Like 2

Not much I'd want to change from the standard kit on an S1:

- a slim storage pouch in the footwells would be appreciated though.

- get rid of the utterly pointless coin tray hidden behind the indicator stalks, or maybe make it deeper and bung a wireless charging mat for a smartphone in there?

- pay garw for his infinitely better dashboard screens to bring the look of the interior up to £70k+ car standards?

- every interior light should be LED.

- add after-sales option to take car into Lotus Motorsport for a warranty-voiding ECU tune

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardC said:

How about having the illumination on the dashboard buttons actually dim when you switch on the headlights?

On my car you can set the brightness for both differently. 

6 hours ago, RichardC said:

Delete annoying GSI indicator on dashboard

I believe this is a legislative requirement nowadays. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just now, Bibs said:

On my car you can set the brightness for both differently. 

You can adjust the brightness of the illumination of the Engine Start, Sport, Race, exhaust valve and heated seat buttons?

3 hours ago, RichardC said:

You can adjust the brightness of the illumination of the Engine Start, Sport, Race, exhaust valve and heated seat buttons?

My mistake, I can just adjust the dash lighting separately, not the buttons. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Same as the 400, dash illumination changes, buttons don't.

My personal OCD extends to window switches illuminated in a completely different colour to everything else in the car.

I would also love Motorsports to re-open, for aftermarket 430 remaps.

I would also love the damn engine light to turn off when the engine is on! Frankly, I don't like the button at all. But that's me.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• 3 months later...

I would like controls to switch between touring, sport and race mode on the steering wheel, and while they're at it... put some volume controls there too.

• Like 1

Interesting comments on what people would like however, lots seem to be just first world issues.

I for one love simplicity in cars, and every car design is a compromise, the 400 for me has them sure but the focus of handling and ride is spot on, my hope is that focus continues.

Edited by au-yt
  • Like 2

My car's been pretty good with a few minor issues but I really wish Lotus did a better job reupholstering the Sparcos that are the standard US seats.  I'm comfortable in them, but the driver's seat cover is pulling loose for the second time. I am also wearing the dye off the seat's welting as I enter and exit.   I try to exercise care as I sit and exit, but the dyes seem surface deep only and not terrible durable at that. My car has the ecru/ tan leather (not sure what the actual name for that shade is).  I don't have high hopes for its  long term durability. I opted for leather in part because I thought it would hold up better than an Alcantara interior. Now I'm second guessing that.  It does smell nice in there though!  Have to give it that!

'17 Evora 400 MT 

On 25/05/2018 at 11:10, Nathan Pitman said:

I would like controls to switch between touring, sport and race mode on the steering wheel

I’m intrigued by this.

Do you need to change modes mid corner? Or do you just want a wheel from a Ferrari?

• Like 1

How about getting rid of the lying, penny pinching bloke that sits on top of the tree in the UK.

Each year you get more taken from the car,  cargo nets, engine covers, speakers to name a few, and the price goes up.

Another 10 BHP?  " that will be 30K please

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

andy

9 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

I’m intrigued by this.

Do you need to change modes mid corner? Or do you just want a wheel from a Ferrari?

Well I live in a built up area and so most of my drive to work is in Touring mode, but there are a coupe of bits of road where it’s nice to be in Sport, however taking your eyes off the road to lean across (to the far left of the centre console) and press the sport button is not ideal. Those buttons being where they are, does not feel very driver focused And if the first and last part of my drive wasn’t so stop start I’d do the whole thing in Sport.

On 28/01/2018 at 09:37, Gadzooks said:

Thanks guys but I have no intention of changing the washer jets.  I was more interested in seeing if we could get a short list of things we'd like to see changed using the 'parts bin' available from Geely (Volvo).  Hence Dear Geely...

I see. I’m not very familiar with Volvo’s but there’s certainly a curious brand connection if you look at the rear end of a Volvo and a Lotus. The number of letters in the name and the spacing of them on the back of the cars.

??? That makes no sense at all to me. Touring mode has the highest level of driver aids when engaged.... What is it you're expecting (or not expecting) the car to do while driving it in built up areas in touring mode? Spin out on you? Not be able to make a corner? What necessitates you having to be in touring mode for slow speed in town driving if you then use sport mode when youre out on faster roads? I don't get your need to be in touring mode in built up areas, sorry.

I use to drive the exige in sport mode everywhere as touring mode is far too intrusive, it cuts in with brake application way too soon when only giving it a light work out.