free hit
counters
Elite Luggage set - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Just curious.  Does anyone know who the original suppliers were of the Elite "optional extra, 5 piece luggage set", were?

image.jpeg.1a4279be2f05ecd234be574d805e9769.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have always wanted a set as well, they look like samsonit but are probably a cheap knock off!

Has anyone also noticed the colour coded bumpers on this official publicity shot?

I don't think the bumper is blue. Its a trick of the light.

:) 

I must admit, when I first saw the picture I thought it was colour coded.  But I'm with Tar on this , it's a trick of the light.  :)

I was of the belief they were Samsonite, but I can't recall if I read that in some official lotus advertising literature or if I picked it up from someone else's musings on here.

11 minutes ago, Loose Cannon said:

Hi fellow Elite pervs. I spoke to an ex-Lotus director of the time and he says there was a genuine fitted set available as an option for the Elite/Eclat. A bit of a shame, he says he got rid of a part set only last year to a charity shop when moving house! :(

He says the leather was sourced from Brazil, but he can't remember the manufacturer at the moment. He's going to check his records, so hopefully if the maker still exists there may be a chance the original patterns do as well so the average well heeled Elite/Eclat owner of today :ermm: can get a set made up to suit.

Good detective work! Keep us informed how it goes. May be interested in an Eclat set!

13 hours ago, soldave said:

Good detective work! Keep us informed how it goes. May be interested in an Eclat set!

Indeed, great detective work Mark.  Hope this bears fruit!

You can get luggage custom made for your classic car... You don't need the original pattern.

www.hillsalive.co.uk