free hit
counters
Issues with new (to me) 400 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Solstice

Issues with new (to me) 400

Any advice please? I picked up my 2015  6000 mile Evora From JCT600 on Friday, yesterday it refused to idle, it started with a flare of revs and then stalled. I spoke to the tech who suggested checking the MAF for air leaks which looked ok, and restarting it when the car was cold leaving it to idle for 10 minutes for the Ecu to go through a self learning function (I think he said it had a new battery)

today it idles but is a bit erratic, but the check engine light has come on and doesn't reset when I stop and restart the engine, I have a call out to the dealer but would be interested in any feedback before we speak, I'm a 4.5 hour drive away so would ideally like to sort without a return visit.

to make matters worse I'm due to take a TVR owning mate to a TVR gathering tomorrow and I've been taking the piss about their reliability!

thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This doesn’t make good reading considering I am looking currently for a 400 and had hoped they had ironed out the stupid issues...  my last Evora in 2011 lasted 1 mile from the dealer before first check engine light and constantly had electrical gremlins for the duration of ownership!

However I had the same issue back then and it was the MAF. Took off and sprayed with some electrical contact cleaner and was fine until the next issue :-)

Hopefully that fixes it. Other option that I tried was an ecu rest by disconnecting the battery.

I had a similar sounding issue, and the fix was reloading the ECU at the dealer.

@rafphillips don't be put off by these stories.  All manufacturers have issues.  by and large lotus have ironed out the issues in the 400 and they are very reliable machines.

• Like 1

Thanks, had a chat with Silverstone and am popping in there tomorrow to get it checked. Also spoke to the  tech at JCT he  has been looking after the car from new and the only issue has been squeaky seats so I'm confident it will be a quick fix.

Hope it’s quickly sorted.

@Cypriotcheers had hoped they had ironed out the gremlins as my last evora was in for niggles more that all my other cars put together in 20 years of driving.

6 cars since my last Lotus and not a single issue (bar punctures) or warranty job on any of them (kiss of death for my current 2 there!).

A quick update, the nice folk at Silverstone had the car in at short notice to run diagnostics (thanks guys), the warning light was due to lean mixture, and fuel trim was maxed out.

No obvious issues so we are assuming bad fuel, ECU was reset and tick over is now rock solid.

I'm happy again!

• Like 2

Good service as always from Matt,  Aimee and the team

31 minutes ago, blueg33 said:

Good service as always from Matt,  Aimee and the team

Yep, top guys?