free hit
counters
Down Force - Lip Spoilers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hey guys,

Does anyone know the difference in down force on the V8 between the SP350/'02+ ridiculously low front spoiler and the pre-'02 boomerang pieces??

I've installed teh pre-'02 spoiler on my '02 V8, as the stock one is just not practical on South FL roads and lot enterances (or any other roads for that matter...). I like the SP350 spoiler better, just can't keep it from getting damaged down here.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Does anyone know the difference in down force on the V8 between the SP350/'02+ ridiculously low front spoiler and the pre-'02 boomerang pieces??

I've installed teh pre-'02 spoiler on my '02 V8, as the stock one is just not practical on South FL roads and lot enterances (or any other roads for that matter...). I like the SP350 spoiler better, just can't keep it from getting damaged down here.

The S300/S350/'02+ are air dams not spliters like the other boomerang pieces so they will create alot more vaccuum under the car. How much more, I'm not sure.

I had the same problem with my spoiler so I removed the fiberglass pieces and installed just the rubber piece like on the S300.

DSCN4611.jpg

Edited by gmendoza

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

The S300/S350/'02+ are air dams not spliters like the other boomerang pieces so they will create alot more vaccuum under the car. How much more, I'm not sure.

I had the same problem with my spoiler so I removed the fiberglass pieces and installed just the rubber piece like on the S300.

DSCN4611.jpg

Does just the rubber piece alone make a difference?? I thought it would be too pliable...