free hit
counters
Transforged Afterburner Rear Lights - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stephenwhyte

Transforged Afterburner Rear Lights

Thoughts please - am I just being tight?......I am Scottish so it is my right - but in all seriousness I just don’t see the economic justification for what they’re charging for the 380 2 rear light model? Clearly their business - their provocative but I think they’re taking the piss. This was on the back of a photo posted on FB referring to a 380 set of lights. I therefore send a query relating to the 380 topic on FB (quoting this) and they quote me for a 350......yeah right! Would it not make more commercial sense to do a deal so the customer goes on to promote their business rather than what feels like the opposite.

Photo of iMessage chat with Transforge below

A95861EC-6B35-4653-9921-3AFD5EF3504F.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Doesn't add up to me so would of asked the same question.

I really want a set for my Cup but the reason I wont buy them is because they aren't legal in the UK.

I know adding a reflector does away with the biggest issue but i'm pretty sure all light units need the E mark approved for this country.

The problem is when you have a crash and someone is seriously injured or killed and they carry out a full investigation on the cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hadn’t thought of the points you make Matt - I think that’s the final nail in the coffin for me. I’ll just admire GF Williams’s ones instead.......and spend the money more sensibly on PPFB-)

Yeah had seen that Sharky thanks. Just thought it worth starting a new topic to get people’s views. At $800 for 4 they’re already very expensive.......seems to me like someone’s either paying too much for his materials or thinks he’s cornered the market. Maybe it’s me that’s got it wrong but I think I’ll stick with what Lotus came up with. They are cool though!B-)

It seems to me that all Transforged products have, erm, ‘optimistic’ pricing. 

His wing mirrors are also lovely but still very expensive. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Would it not make more commercial sense to do a deal so the customer goes on to promote their business rather than what feels like the opposite.

Try that next time you're in Tesco :lol: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

It seems to me that all Transforged products have, erm, ‘optimistic’ pricing. 

His wing mirrors are also lovely but still very expensive. 

Might be better if we went back to the good old days when it was $2 to the £. :lol:

• Like 1

It’s fine by me, I’ll be the only one with cool lights ?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Try that next time you're in Tesco :lol: 

Thanks Bibs - if I could buy them in Tesco I would do:rolleyes: 

My point is he has the perfect opportunity to tap into a small market and maximise the potential there, whenever someone makes an enquiry - he can’t exactly be unindated with enquiries for his wears, to help make his first million now can he?!:harhar: 

2 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Thanks Bibs - if I could buy them in Tesco I would do:rolleyes: 

My point is he has the perfect opportunity to tap into a small market and maximise the potential there, whenever someone makes an enquiry - he can’t exactly be unindated with enquiries for his wears, to help make his first million now can he?!:harhar: 

Not sure why you having a discount set would make him millions?

7 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Not sure why you having a discount set would make him millions?

Leads to feel-good factor - meaning positive feedback to tell others.......more sales, more money. I’m pretty confident you knew that already.......but trying to be funny got the better of you.....it’s a shame when that happens.:rolleyes:

I paid full price for my lights, despite probably having the most photographed Lotus out there at the moment.  The lights are awesome, if you want them you should pay the same price as others for them. If you don’t think they’re worth that then you can make your choice and spend the money on your wife instead :sofa:

Thanks for the life lesson George.....:yes: Like I said above the money will go on PPF - another rip-off but more of a necessity than trick rear lights.B-)

50 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

I paid full price for my lights, despite probably having the most photographed Lotus out there at the moment.  The lights are awesome, if you want them you should pay the same price as others for them. If you don’t think they’re worth that then you can make your choice and spend the money on your wife instead :sofa:

Are yours still working 100%. Thought you had an issue with them? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, 550superfast said:

Are yours still working 100%. Thought you had an issue with them? 

I had the first set which has a slight different design which was quickly rectified. I’ve got a set coming to replace mine any day now.

• Like 1

@stephenwhyte did the same calcs as you for 2 vs 4 lights and came to same conclusion it wasn’t a good deal.  

Have ordered GRP smoked versions instead and just waiting for delivery (stuck in customs process at UK at the mo) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DJW said:

@stephenwhyte did the same calcs as you for 2 vs 4 lights and came to same conclusion it wasn’t a good deal.  

Have ordered GRP smoked versions instead and just waiting for delivery (stuck in customs process at UK at the mo) 

If you're near London/Surrey in the Exige at all once you've had them fitted I'd be very interested to see them.  My new Transforged lights are much better quality and the wiring was much neater this time. Good that they've taken my feedback on board to make the product better.

I understand your point about price, but I just love the look of the afterburners so it was a money no object decision for me!

Like both the transforged and GRP, but the latter applied a sensible discount for us with just 2 lights ;)

Will post some pics up when fitted as not down your way anytime soon, although have a few track days in April incl with S9S lot if you are around.  Also need to book my Silverstone GP track day , so would be good to book a date where a decent amount of TLF members are on track 

Silly question maybe but something that isn’t clear in the various discussions I’ve seen.

Do the afterburner lights flash yellow for indication?

13 minutes ago, Sharky said:

Silly question maybe but something that isn’t clear in the various discussions I’ve seen.

Do the afterburner lights flash yellow for indication?

Yes the centres do, from what I understand. George had a new upgraded set supplied recently and they apparently provide a more orange light than his first set.

They are nice aren’t they!B-)

What’s the chances of pulling together with a few others for a group deal.......maybe that would provide more of an incentive to purchase cheaper?

If I’m right Lotus charges around 1.000 euros for 4 outdated lights from mass production.

Both GRP and TF lights are hand made.

But I agree about the TF prices because GRP charges for a similar product only 375 / 575 $. 

I own the GRPs (plug and play, excellent quality). But it also has the problem to not display a real yellow indicator, looks more like a bright red or dark orange. 

I talked with Greg from GRP about this issue and they’re now changing all LEDs for the international version from amber to a true yellow.

Greg offers me to send him my lights back and to change the indicator LED or send me a yellow inner lense instead of the smoked lense. I will try this first and see how it looks. 

Edited by ArthouseCompany