free hit
counters
What did you do on 1st day of ownership ? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Cdm2018

What did you do on 1st day of ownership ?

My delivery date has been confirmed by dealer for Wednesday ! Whoooooo?

my question what did you do when your car was collected or delivered? 

I am hoping for good weather hopefully no snow ? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

smiled lots.  i mean really lots...

Drove to Norwich for a weekend away - via Hethel of course for the customary photograph.

• Like 1

I ha d to drive back from Bristol to Wakefield.  Then doing the 1000 miles as quicklyas possible although it's booked in for ceramic coat and ppf 4 days after collection which will hold me up 

Tucked the car away in the garage after only 35km because the weather was so wet and Pilot Sport Cup 2s don‘t like wet. :(

The Hethel looks like a nice gesture and I do have some tenuous work connection to the Chapman estate which is next door and I have passed it numerous times.

its a shame weather not looking great possible snow mid week but also dry sunny spells hopefully by the car arrives ?

I don’t get a lot of time before night time.

looking forward to picking my young daughter from school , it’s only got 70 kids so I suspect most will be wondering what’s pulled up? 

My oldest son gutted I can’t insure him as cost was mega and whilst he is good driver there’s a good chance he race his best mate in his Evo 7 so not worth the risk !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went for a short drive in my neighborhood looking for red lights as soon as the car was warm...

Going back home with a giant smile on my face :lol:

Four and a half hour drive home from Leeds, much more comfy than the same drive up in the Exige. Looking forward to some European trips in the Evora.

58 minutes ago, PAR said:

I went for a short drive in my neighborhood looking for the red light district as soon as the car was warm...

edited for accuracy!:P

• Haha 2

I learnt a very hard and expensive lesson about how long and low the front end of an Esprit is, damaged front splitter and cracked the lower valance on a curb in a service station on the way home. 

Horror stories apart !

just hoping to get used to this car , the first real sports car I have owned or likely to own !

hoping the delivery will be early in the day so I can have some quality time to familiarise myself with the car ! 

I guess shell optimax is required although I read somewhere or watched 5th gear saying the effects were minor in the long run ? 

Just use normal petrol from a decent garage, you don't need Super as it's not forced induction. Avoid supermarkets if you can. 

• Like 1

I always use shell  been collecting the points for last 16 years lol 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

I guess shell optimax is required although I read somewhere or watched 5th gear saying the effects were minor in the long run ? 

My N/A actually ran better on 95 and it didn’t start or stop as crisply when I was running it on v power. 

In answer to the firstvquestion, Evora 1 was driven home from Cheshire, started snowing in Birmingham, so the last 120 miles were fun. The 400 we stopped for photos and a cup of tea and bit of cake sitting bybthe Thames at Runnymede in bright sunshine. Talk about opposites. 

Nice to know experiences of folk means your not wasting money on misleading advertising . 

One of the many reasons for choosing the Evora was some sensible MPG figures when not driven hard.

shame I am not going to get a long run in the car but that will come in time I suppose ? 

Cheers Bravo

a couple of owners within a 12 mile radius so not entirely alone in a manner of speaking ?

a few have not logged or active for a time so maybe there’s a few more in reality ? 

Bought in Devon when living in Kent.  Wonderful drive home - grinning madly - finally in my own dream car !  Fran had a go for about 30 miles and drove surprisingly fast - said she enjoyed it, but hasn't driven it again in 28 years!

Wow ! 28 years oh my ! 

Hope my partner doesn’t feel that intimidated not to drive it ? I hope she doesn’t crash the gear box so maybe then it’s best she doesn’t drive it lol ? 

After collecting my Evora the first thing I did was fit a dashcam (paranoid as my old Elise was nearly written off when somebody reversed into me in a petrol station!). Then I drove home thinking "Wow! This is fast!" and was worried about getting speeding tickets as I couldn't read the speedometer as well as the Stack on the old Elise. It wasn't until I got home and read the manual that I even realised that it also had a digital speed display that was hiding behind the steering wheel rim!

I was thinking very carefully about a dash cam even at to consider a black box as my insurance quotes were lower from the high amount I am paying?

today I was talking to my sons friend an electrician who going to install cctv outside of house as car will be on driveway as converted the tiny modern house garage into a office.

feeling a little worried about village youth going past the car although there’s a brand new mustang across the road, an M4 around concerned a couple of hot hatches on the same side of the road.