free hit
counters
What did you do on 1st day of ownership ? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Cdm2018

What did you do on 1st day of ownership ?

It was 2002.  I drove my Esprit from Shifnel, near Telford to our place on the Wentworth Estate, Surrey.  Remember thinking WTF have I just bought, it feels like nothing I've driven before, but I was smiling all the way.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Matk

lovely comments I must say even though I haven’t even got the car I drive around in my company Ford Focus thinking what have I done ?????

as I drive through the narrow village roads and pass the oncoming traffic I just keeping on thinking will these people move over when they see the Evora coming towards them  ? Lol 

They quite literally jump out of your way. Quite funny actually. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Cheers Black Forest Power

i don’t think I will be drinking champagne although it’s a day that should be celebrated when I finally receive the Evora

probably more likely to splash some Holy water on the car ! 

the best part of new ownership is the drive home so surely having someone else delivering it will take that experience awayB-)

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Yes Pete that’s true but I couldn’t get to go down to Snows so they offered the service 

At  least I can get familiarised with the car on my own patch and in my own time also saved me a load of expense of getting down to south coast !

• Like 1

That’s lovely 

the weather took made my heart sink thought what if it’s snowing and icy when the car is delivered ?

hoping that it remains dry and sunny but then I really hope I get the car midday so I have a few hours of daylight to get to know the car?

must say I am getting very anxious and yet excited never had this over a car lol 

You'll be fine mate :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

:thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Had my first good drive to pick my daughter up from school.

when I going through Melton traffic my handbrake wouldn’t engage first then it wouldn’t disengage ! The button wouldn’t depress out and the dash light showed the brake sign on ?

I had to drive for a little distance at 25mph and pull over to lay by to farm entrance and tried to sort the handbrake.

it wouldn’t engage and then I was forced to call my dealer who advised me to excert a forceful downward and upward use which then made the button pop out on third action.

i then drove onto school and had to pull handbrake as I was parked on a gradient the handbrake engaged but with a lot of jigging around and didn’t feel right ? 

I put it into gear and turned my wheeel into curb. Got home and dealer rang me asking me to describe the above they suggested I press the foot brake when I need to use the handbrake to loosen the cable ? 

I will try that approach but they asked me to video the handbrake operation 

made feel very nervy now ☹️☹️☹️☹️

5 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

made feel very nervy now ☹️☹️☹️☹️

Worst comes to the worst it gets fixed under warranty and you have one less thing to worry about in the future :)

The occasional niggle is part of the ownership experience, it just adds to the excitement!

Sorry to hear this.

Thats not a niggle. Something is wrong and needs attention. Dealer to sort straight away. If you don't feel confident in the car then the whole experience is spoilt. Get it fixed.

Did you get the explanation/next step? Feels sorry for you, I always have jitters when I get a new car as I get used to it. Hopefully very minor adjustment and you will be back in the road..

One disadvantage of having a car delivered, if you had collected it and found the fault on the way home you could turn around and take it back to be sorted straight away. However is a reputable dealer and I am sure it will be sorted

On my first day of ownership, I drove the car home about 200 miles not knowing whether I’d get there. The drive home revealed a lot of things, the main ones being that the Air-con didn’t work, neither did two of the three rad fans, and it pulled to one side (later discovered to be the result of the PO getting the LH top wishbones arse about face).

By the time I reached the Dartford crossing, the wife and I were melting, and I was regretting buying it, big time. This hasn’t really changed in the  last three years, but it’s just cost me absolutely shed loads of cash.

Still, what else would I do with my time and money? 

Margate Exotics.

Invest in Watford Exotics?

First day of Exige (V6) ownership; drove home during evening rush hour.  It was cold, dark and pouring down with rain.  However, I discovered a childish love of the single wiper because it reminds me of the GT cars at Le Mans.  Needless to say both the wiper and lights were pretty useless, but still an improvement on the TVR I had before.

First day of Evora ownership.  Don't know yet.  I pick it up tomorrow... 

As usual at this time, I feel like a seven year old on Christmas Eve.

19 minutes ago, pete said:

Invest in Watford Exotics?

Might as well simply pour gin down the drain.

Margate Exotics.

Wow, I nearly threw up.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

1 hour ago, SteveO... said:

First day of Evora ownership.  Don't know yet.  I pick it up tomorrow... 

Nice work. What are you getting?

First Lotus was a plus 2. Grinned from ear to ear.

First Elise was a barn find and even then as I nursed it home I knew that my obsession with older Lotus' was over.

First Evora was with trepidation as it replaced my daily. I probably cried all the way home as I had left my 2-11 behind to (part) pay for it.  Turned out to be reliable and a joy to drive. 

Edited by Bruss
Spellig
  • Like 1