free hit
counters
Changing from 3rd to 2nd gear? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Solstice

Changing from 3rd to 2nd gear?

I've had my 400 for a week now, engaging first gear or changing from 3rd to 2nd can be a little challenging at times, if the lever is pushed fully to the left in neutral it doesn't "line up" with first and 2nd gears, if that makes sense. If I don't push the lever fully to the left it lines up fine.

Does anybody know if there is an adjustable stop in the linkage so that the lever lines up with 1st and 2nd gears?

thanks

Gareth

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mine is similar. I was also wondering if this was normal or could be improved by adjustment. Even though I sometimes struggle 3rd to 2nd, the gear change on the Evora is a million times better that on my old K-series Elise.

I'm going to make a call tomorrow, will let you know.

3rd to 2nd is normally  the change that is hardest to get smooth. Are you blipping the throttle on the downshift or doing H&T if pressing on - both of these make the shift into 2nd a lot better. If you are, then it is probably just a minor linkage adjustment that is required.