free hit
counters
Gearbox oil - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree... I wouldn't say the Motul has made any noticeable difference on track, cooler as you say required. I change my gearbox oil regularly for extra protection as well.

I haven't yet... but when I do it will be the one from @Hangar 111  http://www.hangar111.com/shop/lotus-exige-v6-s-gearbox-clutch/689-exige-evora-s-v6-ea60-gearbox-oil-cooler-kit.html

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/Exige/MK3-Toyota-V6/Kuehlsystem/Getriebeoelkuehler-Kit-fuer-Exige-V6.html thats the Kit that I did install - track use of an EX460 is not possible imho w/o a cooler

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Mee too ... but in the end only a cooler will fully fix it ...

Agree... I wouldn't say the Motul has made any noticeable difference on track, cooler as you say required. I change my gearbox oil regularly for extra protection as well.

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

24 minutes ago, W31SSN said:

Which coolers have you guys gone for? 

I haven't yet... but when I do it will be the one from @Hangar 111 
http://www.hangar111.com/shop/lotus-exige-v6-s-gearbox-clutch/689-exige-evora-s-v6-ea60-gearbox-oil-cooler-kit.html

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know the major differences between the Hangar111 oil cooler kit and the KT one?

From the product images it looks to me like the KT kit has the bigger radiator unit...?! Is the KT System know to have the better cooling performance?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Maxi_z said:

For making synchros work well I suggest redline MT 90

It is last 10 years of debates of "Motul vs Redline" - ultimately both will do perfectly well. I personally always used Motul and never had a problem with it, but the same is true for many other people using Redline. :thumbup:

I completely agree on motul oils quality and I think in general is one of the best brands of oil and for many products I would maybe choose motul.

But from what I read the Redline manual gearbox oils are more specifically formulated to make synchros work easely and as I think the toyota gearboxes used on lotus are not particularly good for synchro work I used the mt 90 and It seem to work noticeably better than the standard oil.

• 3 weeks later...

The C64 trans (synchros) did especially well with a mixture of Redline MT90 plus some GM Synchromesh....81tgDrTE7CL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.2dd95c39ae83c0f15e805a0d4ab3c6ab.jpg

I hear that the  ‎6-speed Aisin trans in the V6 variants likes the Motul better.

FWIW, X-trac engineers recommended that I use Motul Gear 300LS in the CupR.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

On 12/12/2018 at 09:07, philcool said:

the shift is 15% better

Just out of curiosity - in what units is this measured nominally? :dizzy:

17 hours ago, vd9 said:

Just out of curiosity - in what units is this measured nominally? :dizzy:

Well not sure to be honest just an increase on how you would like the gearbox to feel.

Is certainly nicer to use when its cold that's for sure