free hit
counters
Esprit S4S - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Jared_nomak

Esprit S4S

Hi

just wondering what people’s opinion on the price of this car.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-turbo-s4s-1995--stunning-black-with-full-raven-leather-interior-with-the-seats-piped-in-red/8215627

always Wanted an S4 or V8 in Black, I know prices on esprits have went crazy but this still seems expensive.

Ross

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lovely Car Ross and you’ll be looking a long time before finding another later Esprit in Black - this having the red piping and carpets makes it pretty unique I’m sure. It’s stunning and the best alternative - the V8 look without the problemsB-)

I just see them selling LHD S1 Esprits for £50k which I thought was way over the mark.

You could say the LHD S1’s they advertise are expensive but they all seemto sell eventually. They sell lots of Esprits and I don’t see £35k for a nice S4s expensive personally.

The S4s is a more sought after car than the S4 too just incase you’re unsure where it fits in the model line-up. I recently sold mine - they’re fantastic cars.....I only sold to buy an Exige, otherwise I would have kept it. Photo attached - the S4s will continue to rise in value in my view as numbers are scarce. Wouldn’t think there can be more than 40 left now.

F8A8E122-87C1-4C07-ADDE-52A5464749A8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jared_nomak said:

just wondering what people’s opinion on the price of this car.

It's done over 80 thousand miles & no mention of an engine refurbish. :thumbdown:

Just found out Black Car has done 80000 miles. Low for a car it’s age but would have preferred a lower mileage.

Just now, jonwat said:

It's done over 80 thousand miles & no mention of an engine refurbish. :thumbdown:

Thanks I just had a reply saying about the 80000 miles

They have a very nice Norfolk Mustard S4S car to. 

5 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

I resemble that remark Stephen...

I echo the great looking car comment and think the price is not that silly. Not many S4s's around, ask @Barrykearley...

Not many about - 56/57 left in the uk - so not many to choose from

There’ll be another one on the market in a few month’s time, though.

You finally had enough of trying to stop yours leaking oil 

UK Sports Cars used to have a reputation but I must admit, a few on here who have bought cars recently have had good service from him :)

Sorry, but imho it's cheap. I paid double for my SE. And then the same in parts, rebuilding etc. So in total that's nearly four times the price on this one. Seems pretty cheap to me. I think it's just you brits who are spoiled for cars and for Little money too, so that you can use them as snowploughs ;) 

Kind regards,

Jacques

And it certainly looks GOOD!

• Haha 1

£25k for that little fire cracker. Come on. Pull that trigger and get it bought it looks surperb and remember you are basically guaranteed depreciation free motoring so better and more fun than having the money in the bank. It really is a no brainer.

It's not that we have too little money and are tight or spoiled@Jacques. It's just that we've had to pay to prop up the EU for 30 years and so have little else left for the finer things in life like a fillet mignon and a bottle of France's finest claret!     Oh the irony.

....Only joking....not a thread hijack!

In Italy the price of the Esprit has risen in the last two years. Now if you want a good Esprit, with low mileage and a good story you have to spend about € 35,000.
A good S4s costs about 40000/50000 €. Unfortunately all the S4 and S4s in Italy are only 2 liters,and the 243 CVs engine is the same for both. Only the old SE are 2.2 liters.:angry: Sad thing because the warm weather has kept the cars like new.:)

https://www.autoscout24.it/annunci/lotus-esprit-s4s-benzina-argento-cf79e750-e913-5a1d-e053-e250040a827a?cldtidx=10

Edited by RS blu

UK prices have risen too, I have an S1 I have had for a couple of years and just starting to restore now. It’s a 1978 and has 68k on it.

If this was a 60k Miles car I would be more tempted as I like to use my cars not have them sitting.

Ross

Also the one at €55000 has done 34K Km so much much lower milage

1 hour ago, Jared_nomak said:

If it was £25k that would be ok but it’s £35k

And if you could find one for £25k - frankly you’d be very lucky indeed 

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

No, yours.

Nope it won’t be. That’s it for my Esprit ownership rollercoaster 

• Like 1

D’you know I could have sworn I just saw a pig flying past the window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

And if you could find one for £25k - frankly you’d be very lucky indeed 

Nope it won’t be. That’s it for my Esprit ownership rollercoaster 

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

I have a tenner sitting here that says you are wrong 

And to make that a fair bet I give you 3 years 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can’t and won’t do it again. I’m looking at the S4 and thinking I’m bloody stupid to have taken on another......

@C8RKH properly laughing ??

• Haha 1