free hit
counters
Alcantara interior - care recommendations - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SteveO...

Alcantara interior - care recommendations

I'm in the process purchasing an Evora 400 with the Alcantara interior.  Does anyone have any recommendations for keeping the trim in good condition?  Any products I should consider?  TIA.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This gives you details about the type of fabric https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)   

Being 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane  this type of fabric will be very durable and its unlikely that any clearer is going to cause an issues.  Even strong Alkaline cleaners.

I have always had some concerns about cleaning this type of fabric.  My concern is that the pile will flatten or become rough.  I will run some test on my fabric and come back to you with a good cleaning solution.

Do you have any stains in the fabric you need to remove?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greg, thanks for the speedy reply!

I've never previously had a car with alcantara trim so I was a little wary.  However the interior of the 400 so much nicer than I anticipated and the alcantara improved this further still.  It felt like an S-Class compared to my current Exige.

The interior is nice and clean; no marks or stains that I could see.  Like yourself, I was wondering whether it would flatten or get matted over time and if there were any care options to cover this.  Thanks for offering to look into it :thumbup:

SteveO...

Don't know about Alcantara cleaning, but my (new to me) 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo with 127,000miles, has the all Alcantara headliner, including the A, B, C pillars and rear cargo area above the seats.  It looks great after 14years and 6 previous owners with kids...

i had a previous car trimmed in alcantara centres, thought it might stop sliding on hard cornering  other than being very very hot/sweaty on my back  in summer it stayed reasonably  clean, marks were easy to remove with simple upholstery cleaner when needed..  

I use concentrated lemon juice and warm water together with a microfibre cloth.

Wipe a few times, rinse and leave to dry. 

On 09/02/2018 at 17:28, SteveO... said:

Greg, thanks for the speedy reply!

I've never previously had a car with alcantara trim so I was a little wary.  However the interior of the 400 so much nicer than I anticipated and the alcantara improved this further still.  It felt like an S-Class compared to my current Exige.

The interior is nice and clean; no marks or stains that I could see.  Like yourself, I was wondering whether it would flatten or get matted over time and if there were any care options to cover this.  Thanks for offering to look into it :thumbup:

SteveO...

OK sorry for the slow reply.  We did some test in on some Alcantara tub chairs at the office.  We have developed a new fabric cleaner that does a good job on this fabric,  being balanced pH it less harsh of fabric surface.  Although looking up the Alcantara fabric details it looks like very robust fabric.  If you want a sample of our new fabric cleaner please let me know I will send you a sample.  Its not been released as yet so feedback would be useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Greg.  Happy to do a bit of beta testing.  Shall I PM you?