free hit
counters
Exhaust Heat - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Has anyone got this problem? I m using Larini Header with sport car and Kressieg F1 Valve exhaust 

88C451AC-B362-499F-BA21-9A090CE19C89.jpeg

• Sad 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Saw a picture of a 380 cup that had caught fire at the rear, don’t know if it was the exhaust or not. One other 380 owner melted the diffuser, stock exhaust too. Have seem some photos of horrible riveted on shields on the inside of the diffusers.

looks  wry short those tail pipes.

cheers

Mark

Dont know, but the exhaust box had twin tail pipes.

cheers

Barry, since I can speak Japanese I communicated with them directly. They specifically told me that if the car were to be used for the track, they will not sell me the exhaust because it will destroy itself due to the heat. The system sounds fantastic yes, which is also why i wanted one, but clearly this means that the incredible sound is from suppressing the air passing through it in such a way that is generating higher heat. Exercise caution with it.

5 miles?! Good grief, that's terrible. AND it's not even central! Hope you get something sorted. That looks like a car fire waiting to happen :o

• Like 1

Have to agree with @MartynB thats a fire waiting to happen... needs sorting ASAP.

On 2/9/2018 at 21:07, chumaxa said:

The 380 in question was heavily modified right ? 

As far as I know, had 2bular exhaust, sequential gearbox and other engine boost manipulations..