free hit
counters
Evora 400 Komotec 460 and Hangar 111 signature quiet system - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
IgEvo400

Evora 400 Komotec 460 and Hangar 111 signature quiet system

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good to hear about the exhaust. 

But, just as importantly, what’s the story behind your rear wing(s)???!?

Yup, already posted on Ian's facebook page and said I want a splitter :)

Car looks great, I may tap you up in time for some carbon!

Quick question, are your sills and roof wrapped or painted? I ask as I want mine wrapped and as I'm not far from you I wondered if you had someone trusted locally.

Thanks Ian, glad to hear it all went to plan and you can exploit the car to the full on the track without worrying about the noise - car looks good :)

Dave

• Like 1

On 10/02/2018 at 12:24, IgEvo400 said:

Ahh. Yep rear wing and carbon front splitter all my own work.

Nice work. And very brave! (But I guess that it helps that you've already got plenty of experience working with cf).

Any idea if the new rear wing has a positive (or even negative) effect on track?

So was the exhaust fitted before or after 460 kit? Do you know if it made any difference to the standard “400”?

Have you created internal boot supports for the wing?

• Like 1

Great job! Lets get some boot supports for the wing designed and done pls for the Exige as well ... there are plenty of big wing guys on here that would love to have them ???

• Like 1

Me wants that splitter. Has anyone actually created an after market splitter for the 400 yet?

• Like 1

Erm, yes. The OP! 

5 hours ago, alias23 said:

Have you created internal boot supports for the wing?

Not supports.  But I've bonded aluminium plates under the boot lid to spread the load. 

5 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Nice work. And very brave! (But I guess that it helps that you've already got plenty of experience working with cf).

Any idea if the new rear wing has a positive (or even negative) effect on track?

I havnt any back to back times for oulton unfortunately.  However i had no understeer and the car get especially settled rounds fast corners like Druids which is usually slippery. 

I was very happy how it felt.  It handled superbly with no issues.  

7 hours ago, Benmac said:

Car looks great, I may tap you up in time for some carbon!

Quick question, are your sills and roof wrapped or painted? I ask as I want mine wrapped and as I'm not far from you I wondered if you had someone trusted locally.

The roof is painted and sills are wrapped.  It's the standard Black Pack option on the 400

5 hours ago, CocoPops said:

So was the exhaust fitted before or after 460 kit? Do you know if it made any difference to the standard “400”?

I had thge 460 kit fitted at the same time. But Dave @ Hangar111 did do back to back dyno tests with the stock exhaust after the kit had been fitted.

The QT can gave slightly more power than the stock exhaust so I expect the same is true on the standard 400hp car. 

The QT can does flow slightly higher numbers on the flow bench so the results were expected but was also good to see that Hangar111's theory working in reality.