free hit
counters
S3 £5400? - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Lotusfab

S3 £5400?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Called the number and It’s a scam ! eBay is full of them at the moment, every third Car in classic car listings 

It's up for £3 (three pounds only) now

Come on Chris keep up. Just look at the amount of other items for sale at supper bargain prices!

buddsy

There's an Elan on there for the same price and with the same contact details.  These keep popping up, getting reported an reappearing.  I think eBay should be responsible for scam adverts on its site.

• Like 2

I don't understand why, if an ad is shown to be a scam, that ebay doesn't then block the seller? Is it not that easy?

• Like 2

They hack legit customers accounts

buddsy

• Like 1

Very true Buddsy,  This has been going on for ages,  Think Mr Kearly and a few others on here report them to ebay to get them removed.   

Very sad and we have discussed this before not that long ago,   The give away is always the condtion with the esprits, they are always mint.  Project cars needing full restorations do not go for that kind of money now !

But they keep doing it, so sadly they must be taking a few people in the scam :cry:

" If something is to good to be true, it normally is a scam  "

How many more times is that one going to turn up. 

Until some poor sod parts with 5400 for the invisible esprit sadly by the looks of it Danny ! 

5 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Until some poor sod parts with 5400 for the invisible esprit sadly by the looks of it Danny ! 

I fear that won't stop them only ensure they leave it up or steal another account so they can do the same thing over and over again..

I once went to the police when someone in Liverpool was selling a BMW and had registered their ebay account at my work address in Norwich. Police couldn't have been less interested. I asked surely as its a scam why dont you sent one of your colleagues from Liverpool just to go and visit to see what was going on.Again couldn't have been less interested. Useless

buddsy

You should have told them they called you a nasty name on the phone and you are offended and your wife is offended and some friends are offended on your  behalf even though it was 30 years ago.  They would have been round there like a shot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I should have said i saw him with a toy gun...that seems to make all hell break loose. 

Every time there a gun incident in Norfolk...I would like to remind them its a BB gun. Its always a BB gun :rant:

buddsy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's currently about 11 ads on Lotus classic cars on eBay which have been delisted or are fake, some on more than once.  I don't know why there's such a rash of them right now.  Maybe it's the Russians. :)

• Haha 2

No Trevor,  

Surely the North Koreans,  I  hear Kimmy does not like lotus and wants to drop the global market price of them  :P

The internet crime is raising rapidly all over the World; and the police do not want to address it in any way, shape or form. That is a fact. But giving you a ticket for speeding ½ mph over the national limit, immediately leads to a hefty fine. That is also a fact. Every time it's brought up in say tv, some police chief replies to the reporter, that it is not possible for  them to follow traces to neither Norwich, nor Uganda, and they anyway have no ressources. As usual. Nothing new. I do believe that police forces all over the planet live in the 13'th Century. I Wonder what would happen, if they did follow up, and did arrest those punks, companies or governments responsible for all these internet crimes. And gave them 988 years in prison, with public name, address and all other details. It would only seem fair. Those people harm others. But so does guns in the usa for example, and nobody cares about that either. In fact they claim the 2'nd amendment and various supreme Court cases, and that in turn claim a lot of lives every single day. No one cares it seems. Very strange.

Kind regards,

Jacques

• Like 2