Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Big Wing V6 - Register - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Big Wing V6 - Register

alias23

I'm not sure yet as it hasn't arrived yet. Will be with me next week.

I don't think Komo-tec sell just the mount, this was a special favour for the previous owner of the wing.    I do think the Komo-tec wing is nicer, but as this was second hand the price made sense.  Knowing me, I'll change it in time anyway... 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmmm not quite as big as others ....standard 380 Sport wing 

B0FB7841-C20C-47FA-B202-7E70D99EF354.jpeg.2354f26d5cb4ce3b75595a26326069cc.jpeg

F12CF0AF-36F6-43A4-9AE3-25259AFD274A.jpeg.14fb753c39afcddfa50eb048ed8a4003.jpeg

CA70F57E-3D42-43BF-B9F0-824EA4FDCA83.thumb.jpeg.0b38d31c9d66c4bace514122ba63385d.jpeg

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, alexthewheelman said:

You can buy genuine Cup 380 end plates, someone in the UK has fitted them to their grey Cup 430 which B&C supplied to them.

32 minutes ago, BAS said:

Thanks! I'm still undecided if I want to do genuine 380 cup ones or something slightly different. Will contact them if I decide to go that route.

I was considering but I think they look too big for the car. The regular 430 ones are growing on me.

i believe the cost of the 380 end plates are around £550 from Lotus (and you might want to get them painted)

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Truthfully.... do you guys really notice a difference with the big wing? 

Yes, providing you combine it with a decent suspension and tyre setup the difference is massive. Once you learn to lean on and trust the aero, you can really feel the stability, and the car is now planted in areas where it was previously stepping out.  It’s fantastic round Spa.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, auRouge said:

sorry.. since we’re talking wings.. couldn’t resist 😁

back on topic @Bassman I expect you to be flat through EauRouge with that amount of aero 😂

See you at Spa...😉

0D39E9F1-C773-4946-A636-579047F6143F.jpeg

OK so you have a bigger wing(s) than any one else! I think we'll allow you the bragging rights! Really looking forward to seeing how I go through Eau Rouge - as you say, should be flat!  See you there....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, W31SSN said:

providing you combine it with a decent suspension and tyre setup

Did you do these sequentially or all at the same time? What sequence, if sequentially?

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, Bassman said:

OK so you have a bigger wing(s) than any one else! I think we'll allow you the bragging rights! Really looking forward to seeing how I go through Eau Rouge - as you say, should be flat!  See you there....

Goodman! 

On a serious note, defo see you there. Not sure what I’ll be in yet (paid for the two days but sold my Elise👀)...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, W31SSN said:

It’s fantastic round Spa.

Absolutely👍🏼 Rest of the time unnecessary but at Spa.. wing is your friend through the crest of EauRouge and the fast bit through Blanchimont 😉

On 04/09/2018 at 22:47, Edinburgh 111s said:

Truthfully.... do you guys really notice a difference with the big wing? 

Hard to say on the road as you need to be going above a certain speed.  I think my wing is a little too low, so will be raising it a bit at some stage.  My plans for new mounts fell through unfortunately so I think I'll end up just doing spacers.

When I next do a trackday, I intend to bring the stock wing and do back to back laps and see how the times compare to see if it actually works.

• Like 1