Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Big Wing V6 - Register - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Big Wing V6 - Register

alias23

Does anyone have any hard numbers on the amount of downforce produced by a standard factory spec Cup R?

Does a Cup R produce more or less downforce than a 430 Cup, for example?

I’m curious about the total aero package but in particular I would like to know how much downforce the chassis mounted Cup R wing produces compared to others eg. 430 Cup or Komotec rear wing.

Instinctively it feels like the Cup R wing must produce the most downforce given its size, chassis mounting and intended track use, but I wonder if there is evidence to support this.

Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Depending on what article you're reading, a Cup 430  produces either 171kg or 220kg (speed tbc), and CupR aero can be read to be 240kg (total at 170mph) if you find any articles on the stillborn 'Race 380'.

When I upgraded mine with the CupR aero, there weren't any road-legal Exiges with a big wing from factory so the choices were far more limited, but I was absolutely sure that chassis mounted CupR was for me (even at the time of speccing my car, but couldn't stretch for factory build at the time). Obvsiously implementing this (and living with) brings a few challenges, which you know from my 'build' thread.

• Thanks 1

Thanks as always @Arun_D. As you say, before the 380/410/430 cars came out, it was clear that the Cup R produced the maximum amount of downforce. I was wondering whether the newer cars with the larger wings, different diffusers, arch vents etc have now “caught up”, or whether the Cup R still produces more downforce than any road going Exige.

Would be interesting if anyone has any data on this. Perhaps @Jackmight know more about the Cup R in particular?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello to all,

I've been browsing through this topic as changing the OEM wing on my 350 sport is on my bucket list.

I have the ELIA carbon engine hatch cover. I've contacted KT for their straight big carbon wing, but they've told me I need to 're-work' the legs as the ELIA engine cover has a steeper inclination compared to the OEM hatch. That worries me a bit, but what worries me the most is that I've read somewhere that after installing a big wing on a carbon hatch, it starts cracking.
I imagine it is due to the additional downforce coming from the big wing. 

From your experiences, is this true?
FYI I'm mostly operating this car well under 200km/h, but still, the last thing I'd want is seeing the carbon crack around the mounting holes.

Appreciate your feedback!!

20 hours ago, V.Carijn said:

Hello to all,

I've been browsing through this topic as changing the OEM wing on my 350 sport is on my bucket list.

I have the ELIA carbon engine hatch cover. I've contacted KT for their straight big carbon wing, but they've told me I need to 're-work' the legs as the ELIA engine cover has a steeper inclination compared to the OEM hatch. That worries me a bit, but what worries me the most is that I've read somewhere that after installing a big wing on a carbon hatch, it starts cracking.
I imagine it is due to the additional downforce coming from the big wing. 

From your experiences, is this true?
FYI I'm mostly operating this car well under 200km/h, but still, the last thing I'd want is seeing the carbon crack around the mounting holes.

Appreciate your feedback!!

Sorry, I meant Eltech-Italia and not ELIA!

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-04 at 22.11.01.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Linking this thread as it contains info on a question asked above and something it appears is often not talked about when adding bigger wings. I.e. supports underneath the clam. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got an OEM carbon 430 wing installed on my wingless 350 sport. But the dealeship drilled the holes closer to the engine instead of the farthest part of the tailgate 😪

i will look if they can relocate it a couple cm, closer to the rear wihout exposing the holes. If not i may have to paint the tailgate 😤

does someone have the exact OEM location of the holes??

EE3AC136-7353-46C0-83FA-661729B58074.jpeg

A168B44F-D2C6-45E9-AAD7-1F75D454FEA0.jpeg

568741CD-EE5E-49E1-8AB2-2ACDC628B63D.jpeg

Edited by dakm
Privacy issues in photo

Dang that does look off…

Here are the OEM holes for all wings… i can fit V6S oem wing, 380 sport wing and 380 cup wing using these holes.

Tailgate 1.jpegTailgate 2.jpeg

Sorry for the disoriented images.  I don’t know why they are auto rotated like this… 🤨

• Like 1

Hehe. Also thought of that,  but i am worried about the different angle of the carbon lid, fitment of the gas strut and the boot reinforcement ( mild track use) 

Those are OEM ? do you know if they can have additional required parts for mounting on a 350 like pop rod ..

And if they can ship outside of UK ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Exx said:

Those are OEM ? do you know if they can have additional required parts for mounting on a 350 like pop rod ..

And if they can ship outside of UK ?

Thanks

Yes they are OEM. They are new with slight scratches that they bought in from the Lotus factory. They send them to the bodyshop to have the scratches buffed out, and then re-lacquered. They don't come with any hardware

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally able to add to this group! Jubu performance Evolution wing! Looks fantastic and feather light. Importantly, it also comes with their own clam support solution. Weighing up now whether to leave it all carbon or paint the end plates body colour 🤔

IMG_20230701_192013__01__01.jpg

Edited by jwinger
  • Like 2