free hit
counters
disable all controls on 350 sports - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Francescopol

disable all controls on 350 sports

hello guys, do you know if you can disable the controls on the 350 sport?! ... I do not say on the street but at least on the track, I find myself with the rear pads already worn

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hold down the race button until Race mode is active, then one quick push of the race button to turn it all off.

Apart from the ABS, but as Nathan says everything else will be off :)

does the differential also go off?! ... it seems to me that if you have a dirty guide, something will happen ...

Differential ? They are none, I guess you mean DPM ?? All off is all off .. 

I suspect that he is referring to the E-Diff. Does turning off all traction control also disable the E-Diff? @The Pits, do you know from your 'V6 modes' training day?

I believe so.

• Thanks 1

It's an Electronic Differantial, as opposed to a mechanical one. When the system detects wheel spin it applies the brake to the faster wheel rather a mechanical action as a traditional diff does. 

In Race the e-diff function is still very active. You need to turn it to 'off' mode for it to be completely disabled. 

Read the post on DPM. It really does give the best description out there for the various modes.

I am also seeing heavy wear on track in the rear pads so will disable on next outing. 

I think the biggest point to not is that race mode doesn’t allow even more slip etc than Sport. It technically allows less. Turn it all off (esp light on, no race light) and the Bosch brain will let you be in control ?

Race mode allows no slip basically, it is the most efficient computer guided system, to go to "off mode", first turn and hold the dpm button to go to "race mode"   (right end) and release it, and then turn again the button to go to "off" (hold it until off appears on the dash), it is like that on my car. 

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:01, chumaxa said:

Race mode allows no slip basically, it is the most efficient computer guided system, to go to "off mode", first turn and hold the dpm button to go to "race mode"   (right end) and release it, and then turn again the button to go to "off" (hold it until off appears on the dash), it is like that on my car. 

Different method in a Sport 350 which the OP has as they don't have a rocker switch. However I don't know the procedure so will have to get a Sport 350 owner to describe.

49 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

Different method in a Sport 350 which the OP has as they don't have a rocker switch. However I don't know the procedure so will have to get a Sport 350 owner to describe.

As I further up: Hold down the race button until Race mode is active, then one quick push of the race button to turn it all off.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 14:56, W31SSN said:

As I further up: Hold down the race button until Race mode is active, then one quick push of the race button to turn it all off.

What display are you getting on your dash when you do this, as for me this reverts it back to comfort from what I can tell.

you should have just the squiggly lines in the middle of the dash showing the traction control is off but no other words lit up - race etc. 

Ok, Will give it another go. When I did the single press after activating race it just turned all the dash lights off. 

Hold it down for longer.

You may need to hold it down again rather than press it. 

Jinx make a wish bibs :)

so I'm not the only one ... it seems a bit of confusion ... I do not think I can eliminate the controls

17 hours ago, BatMobile said:

You may need to hold it down again rather than press it. 

Yes a double hold for about 2 seconds works for me!

So in summery (for my 350 Sport):

A single long press activates Race mode and illuminates the TC OFF (car with squiggly lines) & RACE on the dash.

A single long press of Race, whilst in Race mode, turns off the Race mode illumination on the dash but the TC OFF (car with squiggly lines) remains illuminated. 

Edited by DT 350
  • Like 1

Does nobody read the manual any more?

:sofa: