free hit
counters
2000 Esprit battery charging problem - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Ralph

2000 Esprit battery charging problem

Hello Everyone

I have a 2000 Esprit that is not charging the battery. The alternator field wire not getting voltage.  Can't find if there is a fuse or a good wiring harness schematic. Any ideas?.  Help much appreciated

[email protected]

Thanks

Ralph

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ralph,

I had my battery light coming on and off for the 1st time on my 98 V8.  It was the original Delco Remy Made in France, 100 amp alternator.  I decided to take it to a local, Baltimore, MD. shop that rebuilds alternators and starters etc.  They tested it 1st and said it was OK, but dirty terminals and corrosion in and out.  The recommended a mild rebuild, new bearings and brushes and new regulator.  It was $85 and I was pleasantly surprised when I got it back.  It looked better than new and I just recently installed it and haven't had a chance to really drive the car far because of weather, but on a quick restart the light was out.  It was worth the money and piece of mind.  I can certainly get you the name and address, as it was a 1 day turn around also.  Thanks Mark Seifert

Check the charging light in the dash board. if the light is burnt out no charging will take place. Ask me how I know that one!

Thank you for the suggestions. I guess the battery charge in line with the field wire to the alternator. I will check it.  

Thanks

Ralph