free hit
counters
Brake Bleeding - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

As per my other threads I'm getting my new 350  sport ready for track work as soon as the weather breaks and i have changed brake pads for PFC pads and also changed the fluid to Castrol SRF i have bled the brakes through and run a litre of SRF through the system the problem i,m having is when testing the brakes theres not the same pedal pressure as before i messed, The pedal pressure feels weak but if i get on the brakes then lift off and aply again the pedal pressure is where it should be i have bled and bled them and no signs of air in the system have i missed something ??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Pumping (or in this case 1 pump) will typically always improve the "firmness" of the pedal.  

Sounds like there is still some air in the system.

What method did you use to (how did you) bleed the system?

If per chance, you got the fluid too low in the reservoir, it is possible that air got into the ABS....bleeding thats system effectively usually requires using the Lotus proprietary software/scan tool so as to activate the abs.  You can do it on the road but it's a time consuming method and generally less effective --  I would not recommend it.

Sometimes just the passing of time can help, as air bubbles in the pipes will gravitate upwards (as the fluid goes downwards), but this has limited effect as pipes don't always go downwards in the path from master cylinder to caliper. Similarly a re-bleed at the calipers by means of opening the nipple and allowing gravity to push can sometimes get a little more air out even if it's just whatever was in the last few inches of pipes. Anything from a few hours to a day will probably give all that the gravitational help will achieve, beyond that and you're looking at forcing fluid past by either brake pedal pressure or things like powered bleed kits.

Thanks Guys I'm sure i have air in the abs system not a problem as its off for its first service soon ...