free hit
counters
Hello from Switzerland - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello from Switzerland

Mohamed

Hello,

My name is Mohamed and I just put a deposit on a 2013 Lotus Elise S. Delivery of the car will likely take place sometime in April. The car is located in Switzerland. I've bought it to drive it around the Alps and the passes they have here, as well as to enjoy it in the occasional track day somewhere in Europe when I get a chance.

Spec of the car:

• Carbon Grey Metallic? It's not my perfect colour. I would've preferred something brighter with more pop but you can't have everything.
  • Black pack
  • Sport pack
  • AC delete. I was on the fence about this. Ideally, I would've found a car with AC but I'm hoping I'm not gonna miss it that much since the top will be off most of the time and it will be driven mostly in Switzerland's summers. I'm slightly worried since I might take it to the South of France occasionally.
  • Came with the double adjustable Ohlins shocks. I would like to get my hands on an original set at some point. I believe it would've come originally with Bilsteins since it has the sport pack? I realize the Ohlins are probably superior but I'd like to swap out to the originals when I eventually sell the car as I think I would get more value that way and possibly easier sell depending on the buyer.

I've wanted one for a while now but things always got in the way of getting one until now. I drove a rented one last year in the Alps and I think that's when I realized that I had to have one. I used to own an S2000 that I loved very dearly and I didn't think that there would be many cars that could take it's place but I think the Elise is up to the task.

Here's a video I took on Grimselpass when I had the rental Elise last year (sorry about the wind noise and the lackluster driving):

Here are a couple of pics of my car:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_705.jpg.6ccb761e90610e1efe529f37b635c249.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_70c.jpg.c76c981b57d7cade3996785c22002fbe.jpg

I've noticed that the car is debadged from the rear. I'd like to get the original Lotus lettering but was the raised badging or the stickers that would've originally came with the car? Based on pictures I've found online I think cars with the black pack always came with sticker letters? Also is black badge upfront an option, part of the black pack or is it an aftermarket one that the previous owner installed.

Anyway, that's my introduction. I hope to meet some of you in person at some point. Hopefully there are meet ups and track days around Europe that I can attend.

Edited by Mohamed
  • Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome, Elise looks great and will be huge fun on the passes. I took my Elise across the Alps and enjoyed it even more than the Exige V6. Great choice for Switzerland!

:thumbup:

Welcome to TLF Mohamed.

You'll have bags of fun. I remember how much fun Bibs was still having in his when he met me in London.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Welcome :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome, you can't imagine the un that car is! Absolutely brilliantt choice! Anything you need please don't hesitate to ask and we look forward to your posts about how it's going!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

"just bought it to drive round the Alps"

we're not jealous at all.......:P

hope you have a great time....you've picked a proper car to enjoy them (the Alps) in

congrats and welcome

:thumbsup:

:welcome:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Thanks! Honestly the wait until I get to take delivery and drive my car is almost unbearable, lol. I just keep looking at videos and pictures from last year's rental to keep me sane.

Here's a pic from the top of Sustenpass from last year.

5a8ec18b340d3_IMG_0757copy.thumb.jpg.16692550425cd9dfe1cd0f14e56562e0.jpg

Edited by Mohamed

I just Googled how long it would take me to get to the Grimselpass from Manchester in the UK.  16 hours and 880 miles! :(

Awesome road and awesome car as well! Hope you enjoy it!

I'd love to get mine over there, those roads look awesome... 

• 2 months later...

Great trip.

Visited Slovenia twice in the last couple of years. Lovely country.

:driving:

:thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.