free hit
counters
Dead leg, floppy foot! - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Giff

Dead leg, floppy foot!

Hi,

Spent a relaxed couple of hours in my new S3 today.

I seem to keep resting my left calf on the gearchange mechanism housing which seems to interfere with the nerve that controls the lateral movement in my foot.

Needless to say I now have a rather odd walk.

Is this a common complaint or do I just have the wrong shape legs for an Elise?

Cheers.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

How new is your new Elise, does it have the open gearchange? The open gearchange is more bulky at the front and I noticed (when I had one in my Exige) that my leg pressed against it much more than the old design. I now have an Elise with the old style gearchange and tbh I prefer it (heresy I know!).

If you have the old style gearchange then you must have the wrong shaped legs :lol:

Closed gearchange, might try stuffing a sponge up my oddly shaped trouser leg!

I had un-padded fibreglass seats in the Turbo Esprit, all was fine. I went Christmas shopping, only a few miles but I could tell I was loosing clutch control, when I got out of the car I could walk only by tilting my body, to lift the whole left leg then clump it down and walk normally on the right leg, repeat. Sensation came back after a few mins. Thought no more of it.

Drove home, lost sensation part way home, and finally realised I'd put my wallet in the back pocket of the jeans. The pressure it caused was just enough to block the nerves.  It may be worth just trying a little extra padding to raise you backside, and so have less pressure on the back of the legs.

I had the same issue in my first S3 but the 2 following were no problem.