free hit
counters
Cobra alarm quit? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Che

Cobra alarm quit?

A while back, I couldn't start my car even using the immobilizer emergency Key. I thought it could be my fob battery. I replaced and still no work!

Mike Sikenger showed me how to start it bypassing the key fob and the emergency FOB. As per his instruction,  I connected the wires and boom the car started.

Lately I had time to check the 2 alam fuses under the dash. They are not blown.

So any idea why I can't start the car? How can I check if the cobra alarm totally quit? 

I want to activate the alarm even though I hate the cobra system.  Drains the battery a lot.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There’s a series of button presses - I reckon the fob has lost pairing.

i remember having an issue - swearing lots - trying a dozen times and all of a sudden it jumped into life and worked again.

didnt stop the initial embarrassment at a petrol station when it wouldn’t start - luckily I had a knife and some insulation tape in the boot to do the essential modification. Had me back going in 5 minutes much to the amusement of the staff 

Thanks Barry,

I keep searching for the procedure you mentioned but no luck.

If anyone knows the procedures (steps) kindly send me the link.

I wish I can replace the Cobra Alarm with other reliable brand but I heard it is difficult to remove the original and replace it with the new system.

There was a very good write up here awhile back on how to replace our system with a TOAD system. Was looking at it my self just to get rid of the cobra.

Actually i found the link. Here it is.

I bought a bypass plug for my Elise. Took a few minutes to fit 

@v8GTmac1, @Che  - Your posts have been hidden from public view as they contain instructions on bypassing the immobiliser. Not the sort of thing we want on Google! If anyone needs this information in the future in an emergency, please contact any of the moderators including a link to this post and they'll be able to assist :) 

• Thanks 2

I forgot about the security .... sorry my bad!

No problem 👍