free hit
counters
2018 Track Days - UK & RoE - Page 2 - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

2018 Track Days - UK & RoE

baronbennyt

I tend to go with Destination Nurbugring; Circuit Days; Porsche Club GB (I used to own a Porsche and now they like it when I turn up in the Lotus!); Gold Track; EVO Magazine and Octane Magazine. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My experience is limited but I like LOT, very respectful drivers and sensible numbers on track. However, as @Arun_D said, l also enjoy having a mix of machinery on track. Circuit days have been good also. @BatMobile I'll get back to you about Goodwood, but they are certainly expensive for an old retired guy!! Had a good day at Bedford GT today with circuit days, exceptional value using @LF1 's discount.

Slight change of plan with my track day bookings. Confirmed now as:

- Friday 20 April / Lotus On Track / Castle Combe

- Thursday 10 May / Lotus Bell & Colvill / Castle Combe

- Friday 1 June / Goodwood own 

- Friday 6 July / Goodwoon own (am only)

- Friday 24 August / Castle Combe own 

- Monday 27 & Tuesday 28 August / Destination Nurburgring / Nurburgring 

- Friday 28 September / Goodwood (am only)

Can anyone recommend a decent mini video camera I can fix to my 3-Eleven that can both film and capture lap times? I'm a bit of a technophobe so nothing too complicated please! :) 

On 22/02/2018 at 20:00, Colin67 said:

Hi @BatMobile. I had Hangar 111 instal the Komo-Tec phase 3 upgrade. The Elise Cups use the Toyota Prius engine, which in original form is (I think) 1600 cc and comes with a very restricted exhaust system. Lotus increase the capacity to 1800cc but leave the exhaust for  homologisation reasons. So, what KT do is effectively uncork the engine. The mods are: 1) on the exhaust side: install much larger 4 into 1 manifold, change to a large 200 cell Cat and have you separately purchase a free flow sports exhaust. 2) on the inlet side they instal a TRD airbox and a smaller supercharger pulley and belt to increase supercharger boost. Then they remap the engine to take advantage of the new free flow characteristics. The upshot is the power increases from 217 bhp to about 260 bhp and the torque increases from 187 ft lbs to about 210 ft lbs. The revised torque characteristics are great, giving more early torque with a flatter curve over a much wider rev range. I'm not sure what the upgraded performance stats are but I've been on track with 250 Cups who's owners confessed they could not keep up accelerating out of corners. Mind you they are better drivers than me through the bends, where it matters, but in a drag race they'r toast. The stock S/220, 250 and 260 cup are all effectively the same torque. However, the last time I looked, the only derivative that KT provide upgrades for are the S/220 Cup. Attempts to upgrade the 250 Cups seem to put them in limp modes, which is a real shame because the chassis can handle so much more. Having said all that my car is relatively heavy at about 930 kg. I know of an owner of a new Elise sprint who is having the KT upgrade in March and his car only weighs about 860 kg, which will be really potent.                                     With regards June options Alastair the only thing I've booked is  Thruxton on 25th June. I'm not at home at the moment: currently in a hotel about 2 miles from Bedford Autodrome ready for track day tomorrow, (Friday) then travelling on Saturday to Brands Hatch for another trackday on Sunday. Goodwood on the 1st sounds good to me, but need to check with the boss and I'll get back to you. 

I've been looking at this option and plan to upgrade my S Cup over next winter, Results sound great :thumbup:

@baronbennyt, have a read of this mate :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

4 hours ago, baronbennyt said:

Can anyone recommend a decent mini video camera I can fix to my 3-Eleven that can both film and capture lap times? I'm a bit of a technophobe so nothing too complicated please! :) 

I use Harry’s lap timer on an iphone.. it is cheap and works surprisingly well. Will also control a gopro if you get the right version, then you can leave the phone tucked away. Not the most sophisticated set up but simple and effective. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2018 Track Days locked in:

1. Friday 20 April / LoT / Castle Combe
2. Thursday 10 May / B&C / Castle Combe
3. Friday 1 June / Goodwood own
4. Friday 6 July / Goodwood own
5. Friday 27 July / EVO / Bedford 
6. Friday 24 August / Castle Combe own
7. Monday 27 & Tuesday 28 August / DN / Nurbugring
8. Friday 7 September/ EVO / Bedford 
9. Friday 28 September / Goodwood own