free hit
counters
Oh GOD! New geometry ! - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hello guys!

I’m shocked! After a standard geometry setting by lotus i’ve changed it with some professional suggestion.

it’s unbelivable how the car handle and drive now. Tight Mountain road after half km from the shop, WOW! It’s really impressive! I didn’t expect this change and I really don’t care how soon i’ll have to change tires.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Got the settings?

Saaj (before he replaced his with an R8 got the front and rear camber on his SR pushed out to pretty much the ljmits and seemed very pleased with the results.

Yes defently! I’ve put more less the aggressive version of a 430. It’s a different car! on fast turns is a very different thing and in changes of directions too. Much more safe in turn in. And more stable at high speed too. It’s a Massive change

I should say that Luckly I had the opprtunity to drive some amazing super car and oldtimer. What a little car like an evora give you is just astonishing. Pleasure of driving and usability, i’m still shocked ? 

On 2/20/2018 at 13:40, Vampgovegan said:

Hello guys!

I’m shocked! After a standard geometry setting by lotus i’ve changed it with some professional suggestion.

it’s unbelivable how the car handle and drive now. Tight Mountain road after half km from the shop, WOW! It’s really impressive! I didn’t expect this change and I really don’t care how soon i’ll have to change tires.

Can you show the settings?

thanks

Edited by phenoyz
  • Like 2

Thanks A lot !!!!!!

will try this to my 2014  Evora !!!

• Like 1

Is it still OK at high speed (Over 160 kph let's say) with that Toe value front and rear ? No wonder it's more agile for sure, but isn't it too oversteery at high speed ?

No criticism, real interested question here. :)

I have to say it is better then when the guy put a standard lotus set up. Last week end 260kmh was fine, i only tried on highway so stright line, no hard braking entering turns. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vampgovegan said:

I have to say it is better then when the guy put a standard lotus set up. Last week end 260kmh was fine, i only tried on highway so stright line, no hard braking entering turns. 

hehe, i need to ask coz i went to my  shop and they cant understand it, do you have an "english version"? :lol:

Edited by phenoyz

3 hours ago, phenoyz said:

hehe, i need to ask coz i went to my  shop and they cant understand it, do you have an "english version"? :lol:

They just have to aim for the "attuale" value :)

And if they know their job, they should not mistake between camber / Cast and toe values it's obvious :lol::lol:

Anteriore is Front

Posteriore is Rear

Huh!? That rear toe is, err, adventurous...

Spec is 0.2 (400) or 0.3 (410 & 430), which translate to 0° 12' or 0° 18', I guess hence their range on the sheet.

But they've chosen to set the car up with pretty much zero rear toe. Could get a bit dicey.

Similar story with the front. They've definitely set it up more lively than Lotus spec the GT430.

I'm guessing the stability you are feeling is the increase in caster (assuming that SAI is same as KPI). At 10° increasing to 11° that's pretty huge. I wonder if I'm missing something about that measurement.

It'll be interesting to see how you feel about it on twisty roads.

I agree re the toe. I've found the S1 needs all of that max toe plus a bit.

Re caster I don't 

understand how that has changed. Has changing the toe pulled something fore and aft?

Edited by Bruss

Changes from the last set up:

High speed on highway straight line - the wheel is less influenced by the road, no more feeling of instable front and seems much safer ( she still follow the road and I have clear forces on the wheel on change of asphalt or deformation of the road. (better now)

normal speed change of direction: car is very reactive, insert very aggressively and while in  the turn it's very stable and sit quite well, feeling is that the car is very balanced in turns.

speeding on twisty roads on very tight turns: the car is very precise, removed most of the forces on the wheel during braking and insert decise, specialy changes of direction are stable and quick, now more then before I have to prepare the turn and drive it. stupid use of the engine mean understeering or aggressive oversteering. LSD can really change the rest of the turn ahahaha

i drive mainly mountain road over hills here in switzerland

general consideration:

been driving at highspeed and the car feel much safer on highway and fast long turns, braking at high speed give more confidence and in general the car ride with less influence from the road.

twisty roads are very funny and the car is very precise, the car lost her tendency to oversteering, I'm not saying that she is closer to understeering, I'm saying that when I enter roundabout quick and release the gas the car is well sit and face the turn stable and faster.

I'll give you a better feedback soon as I go for a alpine pass weekend.

I can't imagine to lower the car, the car touch every time i drive over speed bumps or sidewalks.

What are you suggesting? does the toe seems very strange to you?

What is KPI? I only know the SAI 

Edited by Vampgovegan

This rear toe suggests a pretty dancing rear end usually :stuart:.

Oversteer tendancy is greater when close to zero or,  of course, when 'open' rear toe. That's why active steer  rear wheels gives 'open'  toe at low speed and 'closed' toe at higher speed to stabilize the car. 

And yes caster can get some little changes impacted by toe and camber modifications. And sometimes, sad to say that's it's only a matter of the geo device that is not really accurate and might not reproduce the exact same mesure at the end... <_<

Edited by rallyesax