free hit
counters
Hethel factory worker signature - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Herbert Harvey

Hethel factory worker signature

I am fairly certain every Esprit Owner who has done work on there car has seen the last 4 of there vehicle identification number under a panel somewhere. Today I took of the panel that holds the rear view mirror and sun visors on my 1989 Esprit Turbo, I was surprised too see one of the Guys from the factory signed His name, Just thought this was kind of interesting. Made me wonder if the Guy who signed it is still at the Factory? is He still alive? Does Anyone reading this know who this Person is? 

IMG_0618.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've seen a couple of people post photos who have found this. Personally, I think it is awesome that someone is quite possibly proud enough of his work to whack his moniker on it.

I've yet to see a signature on a Holden or a Ford or a Kia.

• Like 1

:hrhr:

Bob, 

I checked out your weblink for the work done, that's truly an unbelievable restoration and you deserve top dollar for your efforts. 

I hope that there is someone out there that appreciates the dedication and effort for what looks like a 6 figure investment. 

Great story, and an excellent restoration. You should be very proud of yourself.

Is that a Saginaw 4-speed I see?

Hello Ian (and thank you everyone for your kind comments...):

Yes, it is a Saginaw 4 speed in the car. Chevrolet also offered a 5-speed Borg Warner transmission in 1976. 

My Best, 

Bob