free hit
counters
Jaguar XKRS-GT - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Jaguar XKRS-GT

1 minute ago, The Pits said:

I happen to like XKRs a lot, true GT cars and set up to breathe with the road. That one looks proper OTT, I bet it's huge fun. I would imagine very firm for a Jag, Evora GT430 is probably the closest Lotus to that. Decals remind me a bit of the Exige Cup 260.

It's a XKRS-GT - completely different set up to the XKR-S and the first Jaguar series production car to feature carbon ceramic brakes. Instead of rear seats it has a cage, and bucket seats and harnesses replace the comfy electric items. It's got the whole Jekyll and Hyde thing going on. Here's a short video of Chris Harris driving it like he stole it at a very damp Oulton Park: 

But I'll stick to all things Lotus from now on! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Agree the Jaguar looks interesting. If you’ve got time then myself and others I’m sure would like a few more pics around and inside the car with a little info. A new thread would be good.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

Here are a few more photos of my XKR-S GT...I bought it from Alexanders Prestige last month: one owner car, full service history, 1,400 miles, 2014 registration.  

1734F114-BE18-4448-AE3E-A2DBD4BC3013.jpeg

BD8889CE-B778-4E81-AB56-06D0147E41EB.jpeg

2D56F7DA-8489-4621-B76B-FD12286E1777.jpeg

21389913-183A-431C-8A84-ABEAC5CE68B1.jpeg

2B67CC31-AB1C-498F-B50F-609BC5AE1A13.jpeg

1FC822D8-0E8E-4394-8F6A-316702FE5860.jpeg

4 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Agree the Jaguar looks interesting. If you’ve got time then myself and others I’m sure would like a few more pics around and inside the car with a little info. A new thread would be good.

Trevor.

Done :) 

Love the seats! :thumbup:

Wing stays are very similar to what Lotus are using currently. And those are some cannards on the front, bigger than on your 311 I'll wager!

The description in the ad was interesting to read. But 'true top speed just shy of 235mph' sounds a bit unlikely when the XJ220 could only manage 212mph with a similar power output.

The Jaguar XKR-S GT was developed by Jaguar's ETO division and was envisioned as the ultimate road-going, track-ready version of the XK Coupe. Production was limited to under 50 units, with only 10 UK delivered RHD cars built.

The XKR-S GT features number of aerodynamic components and suspension developments to increase downforce and optimise high-speed cornering ability. Additions included a carbon fibre front splitter, canards, extended wheel arch spats, an elevated rear wing, rear diffuser and an aluminium valance, all of which combined creates a maximum downforce of 145kg.

As a production first for Jaguar, this model feature carbon ceramic brakes discs with 398mm and 380mm discs front and rear operated respectively by six and four piston monoblock calipers.

The revised suspension comprises of a wider front track, increased camber, revised bushings, a new steering system and faster steering ratio, all developed from the F-Type programme. Height adjustable and bespoke adaptive dampers feature a race-derived twin spring system and increased rates of 68% front and 25% at the rear.

The supercharged 5.0-litre V8 engine provides 540bhp and 502lbft of torque, using 6-speed paddle shift transmission and active electronic differential allowing the car to accelerate from 0 to 60mph in 3.9 seconds. Fitted is an electronic limiter allowing a top speed of 186mph, although it is said the true top speed at just shy of 235mph.

Yes, I’d take a lot of the above with a big grain of salt. The top speed claim is utter nonsense! 

The important thing is that it looks a beast, goes like stink, sounds like thunder and is a hoot to drive. But, in all reality, I don’t think it’s going to be earth shatteringly fast around a circuit. Still, I should be wearing a big grin doing it! 

Interesting comment on the speed of this car. I remember Jaguar took one of these and did a run which was shy of 235mph.

They sealed every panel gap with tape and achieved a record speed for that class.

It was obviously tuned for it, but it definitely happened. I can’t for the life of me recall where they ran it. Not Bonneville salt flats.

• Like 1

Okay. Just dug a little deeper. Not the XKRS-GT but the old XFR. 

That ran 225mph at Bonneville in 2008 with the 600bhp motor.

Memory not what it was. Well it was 10 years ago!

:P

• Like 1

Very happy with my British stable now. I can’t wait for spring and the track day season to start :) 

FAB207B4-0280-4772-8403-E9FCEC22F209.jpeg

Edited by baronbennyt
  • Like 1

Do like that XKRS-GT!  My wife has a XKR and while the interior stuff is a bit dated, it's an incredible car to drive.

• Like 1
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!